• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connecting to WIN10 freezes
Hello Everybody,

I just installed MobileSheets on my Windows 10 Convertible and the MobileSheetsPro Companion on my Windows 10 Desktop.

I start the Companion, then start MobileSheets on the Convertible and click on "Sync to PC". My IP-Number is shown, but nothing happens.

Then I choose "Manual Wifi Connect" at the Companion and enter the IP. Now at the Convertible I get the Message, that the Database-File has been transferred.

But no change in the Companion, there is only a green box "connecting", also after hours nothing changes.

Right now, there are only 5 small PDFs, so the amount of data should be no problem.

What can I do to get the PC and Convertible synced?

Thank you for your Help!

Uli
There are normally three things I suggest to people when they encounter problems getting the companion app to connect:

1) Ensure that MobileSheetsCompanionPro is not blocked by Windows Firewall. Go to Start->Control Panel->Windows Firewall, and click the “Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall” option at the top left. Scroll down to MobileSheetsCompanionPro, and ensure that the “Home/Work (Private)” and “Public” boxes are both checked.

2) Check to see if any antivirus scanner programs are running, as these often have firewalls. You must either disable the anti-virus firewall or allow ports 8888, 16568 and 16569.

3) Try rebooting your router. This often fixes connection problems for many users.

Let me know if you've already tried those.