• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intermittent AirTurn PED Bluetooth Connection
(01-18-2017, 07:14 PM)Ayeff Wrote: Hi KennyB,

The usual cause for this behaviour is radio frequency interference from another source.  Unfortunately Bluetooth shares the same frequency band as so many other things (2.4 GHz band).  This is an unlicenced and therefore unregulated band allocated for short range industrial, domestic and medical use including, but not limited to, alarm systems; cordless speakers/headphones; microwave cookers; garage door openers; etc, etc....    With some equipment you can change the frequency channel - but not with Bluetooth I'm afraid.

You could try to identify any other equipment in the vicinity that might be the cause and isolate it - if you have WiFi turned on, is it set to use the 2.4 GHZ or 5 GHz band? (5 GHz would better if available , otherwise turn off WiFi).  Additionally, a near neighbour might be using something - you can obviously do nothing about that!

The only definitive cure is to use a wired pedal such as the BiLiPro (my choice) rather than Bluetooth.

Regards,

Alan.

Thanks for the info Alan. I've been looking around at the BiliPro and I don't see where it will work with Android. Everything I read says Mac, PC or IOS. Do you know anything different?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Intermittent AirTurn PED Bluetooth Connection - by KennyB - 01-19-2017, 03:28 AM