• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AirTurn STOMP 6
Any plans to support the new AirTurn pedal?

STOMP 6 (youTube)
Samsung Note 10.1 GT-N8013ZW / iPad Pro / AirTurn BT-105 / AirTurn BT200S-4
It behaves like all the other bluetooth pedals, so all I will need to do is add support for more pedal mappings. I can certainly do that without too much effort.
Hope this is not off-topic but it's something related to this. I just realized if there are more pedal mappings and maybe more actions we can map to them, it might be used to make custom keyboard shorcuts. Would it be just possible to also support combinations of ctrl, shift or alt with other keys, so the mapping is only activated if both keys are pressed e.g. ctrl+r to return to library?

Tablet: Surface Pro 8, 
Other: Strich BT-FP2, USB-MIDI connection to Kurzweil Forte 7
I actually created an enhancement request for that a little ways back when I realized you couldn't combine multiple keys for one mapping. I was going to add a little checkbox or something so you could specify if you want any of the selected keys to map to the action, or if all of the keys have to be pressed at the same time to trigger the action. In that case you could easily map something like Ctrl + R if you just speciifed that all matching keys had to be pressed at the same time.

Another user requested an unlimited number of supported mappings of keys to actions, which makes sense if you are using them just as keyboard shortcuts versus pedal actions. That's a little more annoying to implement, but it is certainly something I can look into doing. I think I need to make it clear to users that they are key mappings and not just pedal mappings if I do that, without making it confusing to people who just want to configure their pedal.
(01-19-2017, 11:09 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I actually created an enhancement request for that a little ways back when I realized you couldn't combine multiple keys for one mapping. I was going to add a little checkbox or something so you could specify if you want any of the selected keys to map to the action, or if all of the keys have to be pressed at the same time to trigger the action. In that case you could easily map something like Ctrl + R if you just speciifed that all matching keys had to be pressed at the same time.

Another user requested an unlimited number of supported mappings of keys to actions,  which makes sense if you are using them just as keyboard shortcuts versus pedal actions.  That's a little more annoying to implement, but it is certainly something I can look into doing.  I think I need to make it clear to users that they are key mappings and not just pedal mappings if I do that, without making it confusing to people who just want to configure their pedal.
Yeah, I would definitly take advantage of that if you go for it!
Thanks
(01-19-2017, 11:53 AM)domgi Wrote:
(01-19-2017, 11:09 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I actually created an enhancement request for that a little ways back when I realized you couldn't combine multiple keys for one mapping. I was going to add a little checkbox or something so you could specify if you want any of the selected keys to map to the action, or if all of the keys have to be pressed at the same time to trigger the action. In that case you could easily map something like Ctrl + R if you just speciifed that all matching keys had to be pressed at the same time.

Another user requested an unlimited number of supported mappings of keys to actions,  which makes sense if you are using them just as keyboard shortcuts versus pedal actions.  That's a little more annoying to implement, but it is certainly something I can look into doing.  I think I need to make it clear to users that they are key mappings and not just pedal mappings if I do that, without making it confusing to people who just want to configure their pedal.
Yeah, I would definitly take advantage of that if you go for it!
Thanks

With domgi's recent post (in another thread) about using two Air-turn DUO units at the same time, I was wondering about the possibility of more than four mappings.

I'm not sure what I would do with six or eight possibilities, I already sometimes get confused about which pedal to tap with only four choices!  Blush
I could be wrong, it happened once before.