• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All files vanished from MSP, best way to reload?
UPDATE: Got it working, but not sure if it is stable. Looks like a hardware problem, though exactly what I don't know. Looking at MSP's Storage settings to be sure I know the exact path to files, MSP reported that the folder was read-only. So, I used other tools to explore the SD Card. I could see MSP's folder but it seemed to be empty. Unmounted, removed, reinserted, remounted the card a few times. Eventually, I could see content in the folder -- all the "lost" PDFs. Sure enough, MSP sees them too. Am I good to go...or not?

Assuming I'm on quicksand, I'd appreciate suggestions. I could buy another 64GB SD card, and recreate the folders then copy the files. But that's just a guess as to what's wrong, and of course a pain to do all that copying manually.

Is there an MSP or Companion action I should to to help recover the next time this happens? I already had backups on the tablet and PC. The tablet backup, being large (I have more than 4,000 PDFs and growing), was on the SD card (oops), though maybe it will fit in the internal storage. I also had a backup on the PC created via Companion, but that failed to reload, possibly because the tablet was reporting that the SD Card path was read-only. (Though I should mention that Companion did not time-out or give an error so I had no clue why it was not progressing.)

I assume backup on the PC is best, being a different device with different storage, and then it can be further copied to other storage for safety. Would this be the best option if/when the SD Card gets replaced? If it is imperative that a backup be on the tablet, that loops back to the space problem, the reason I have a large SD Card devoted to MSP storage. Advice?
-- John

Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 (SM-T900) Android 5.1.1

Messages In This Thread
RE: All files vanished from MSP, best way to reload? - by musichawk - 01-25-2017, 02:25 AM