• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MSN on win10 and Korg MIDI
I have just shifted from the Android platform to windows 10. Everything went well, backup and restoring all files, no problems at all. But I can not make the midi connection between the Korg keyboard (usb serial port) and the win tablet (usb 3.1 C port) MSP will not recognise the connection. I have all the necessary adapters and wires, but no connection.
The usb page turner works fine in the same connection. What can be wrong? I used MS and MSP with 3 different Android tablets with midi on my Korg keyboard the last 3 years without any problem. Is there a workaround to solve this?
best regards
avago
Avago,

The process for connecting a MIDI device is a little different on Windows. Did you go to Settings->MIDI Settings->Select MIDI Devices, and pick your keyboard as the input and output device? It will save this selection so you only need to do it once.

Mike
(01-25-2017, 03:22 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Avago,

The process for connecting a MIDI device is a little different on Windows. Did you go to Settings->MIDI Settings->Select MIDI Devices, and pick your keyboard as the input and output device?  It will save this selection so you only need to do it once.  

Mike

I triad to do it as you suggest, but I can´t select any midi device, only the Microsoft wave synthesiser as an option. The Korg does not appear. I downloadet Korg´s serial-midi driver and it is installed, I can see it on the device manager. But I can´t connect it to MSP. I hope someone can figure out a solution, who use MSP win 10 version with a Korg keyboard.
best regards,
avago
Mike,

I think this problem related to MSP win 10 version. I have tested Korg usb-midi driver with other software, and the driver shows up as an option, when you start midi settings. I tested on two other win 10 machine with same result. But in the MSP midi settings there is only one option: microsoft GS wavetable. The Korg driver simply doesn´t shows up.
There must be some other users, who encounter the same issue.
Thanks for your respond.
avago
It might not be related to this, but have you tried to change MIDI Device from Generic to Korg in MS MIDI Settings page?

Tablet: Surface Pro 8, 
Other: Strich BT-FP2, USB-MIDI connection to Kurzweil Forte 7
I have a little MPK Mini I use for testing, and if I go to Settings->MIDI Settings->Select MIDI Devices, and then I plug it in, I see it pop up as a choice for both input and output. I don't know why the USB drivers for the KORG keyboard aren't working. I'm using Microsoft's MIDI library to figure out what devices are available, and I don't apply filters of any kind - every device should show up in that list. I just added code to hide the "Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth" because it doesn't really make sense to show that as an output option.
(01-26-2017, 03:42 AM)NeoCZ Wrote: It might not be related to this, but have you tried to change MIDI Device from Generic to Korg in MS MIDI Settings page?

Yes I did, of course Korg should be selected. But it didn´t help.
(01-26-2017, 04:05 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I have a little MPK Mini I use for testing, and if I go to Settings->MIDI Settings->Select MIDI Devices, and then I plug it in, I see it pop up as a choice for both input and output. I don't know why the USB drivers for the KORG keyboard aren't working. I'm using Microsoft's MIDI library to figure out what devices are available, and I don't apply filters of any kind - every device should show up in that list.  I just added code to hide the "Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth" because it doesn't really make sense to show that as an output option.

This is strange, the Korg usb driver works in all other apps I have (Sibelius, Cubase, MuseScore) but it can not be selected in MSP on the same PC. Maybe it has something to do with the transleted version of MSP, I use danish. Microsoft GS Wavetable make no sense, but it is the only selectable option I can see on midi settings.
I think it has more to do with Microsoft's MIDI library not correctly detecting that device. I may have to raise it as an issue with them, but I'll need to know the exact model of Korg keyboard you are using.
(01-26-2017, 08:40 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I think it has more to do with Microsoft's MIDI library not correctly detecting that device. I may have to raise it as an issue with them, but I'll need to know the exact model of Korg keyboard you are using.

The Korg model is: PA 3X 76 keys. It worked fine with the Android version of MSP, and the Korg USB-midi driver works with all other musik apps on 3 of my machines with win 10. I hope there is an explanation, but in worst case, I have to go back to Android tablets.
http://www.korg.com/us/support/download/.../285/1356/
I posted on the Microsoft forum here: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums...=wpdevelop

I'm hoping I get an answer back.
Bonsoir,
Désolé mais je ne parle pas anglais.
J'ai le même problème avec le Korg Kronos et le Korg Pa4x.
Les appareils sont reconnus par les autres programmes mais pas par Mobilesheetspro.
Je suis obligé de connecter une autre interface midi pour que ça fonctionne.
Je précise que je travaille avec une Surface Pro 4.

Les drivers du Nord Électro 5 sont bien reconnus mais je pense qu'il faudrait une possibilité de pause entre deux envois de sysex. Est-ce possible ?

Merci d'avance pour votre réponse.

Alexandre
(01-27-2017, 07:24 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I posted on the Microsoft forum here: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums...=wpdevelop

I'm hoping I get an answer back.

Now I can see, that another user (ballade) dealing with same issue. There are many users with Korg keyboards and if they want to use MSP win 10 version, then they have to be prepered to, that the midi funktionality simply doesn´t exsist. (It works on Android) http://www.korg.com/download/global/pase...ndroid.pdf
On attached picture 1: windows device manager shows installad devices. Korg usb-midi driver is installed and works properly. USB page turner installed too, and it works properly in MSP as well. On picture 2 you can see MSP midi setup and there isn´t any midi device to select.
Sorry to bother you with this issue, I know you try your best to solve it, and I´m sure the solution will come...
Best regards

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

So I set up the connection to my Yamaha S90 ES, and I didn't have drivers installed on Windows at first, so I wasn't able to see the device in MobileSheets. Once I installed proper drivers, it showed up, and I successfully sent commands to it. There are a few minor bugs with the MIDI implementation that I will have to fix, but I definitely didn't encounter any issues with detecting the keyboard. I don't know why the KORG keyboards are behaving differently in this regard. I wish I knew someone who had a KORG keyboard I could borrow. I'm going to contact KORG to see if I can get any answers.

Mike