• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MSN on win10 and Korg MIDI
Merci beaucoup.
Hi

As reported on 30 December on this forum I have no problem connecting MobileSheets to my Korg Pa4x. Midi messages are received both incoming & outgoing to control Songbook on my Pa4x. I am using MobileSheets on a Surface Pro 3 without any problems.

Paul
I´m glad to hear that. Could you be kind to write what driver you use and I think PA 4 and PA 3 use the same USB midi connection and driver software. Maybe it has something to do with the tablet. You use a Surface, I use a Samsung TabPro, but both tablets are running win 10. Weird...
Best regards,
avago
(01-30-2017, 06:56 AM)avago Wrote: I´m glad to hear that. Could you be kind to write what driver you use and I think PA 4 and PA 3 use the same USB midi connection and driver software. Maybe it has something to do with the tablet. You use a Surface, I use a Samsung TabPro, but both tablets are running win 10. Weird...
Best regards,
avago

avago

I think you are correct when you say it depends on the computer. I have no problem connecting the Pa4x to the Surface Pro its recognises it most times (sometimes I have to reboot, but rare) in fact I did not load the Korg USB-Midi Driver the surface Pro it just recognised the Pa4x and shows up in connected devices as "Pa4x".

However on my desktop where I have to use the Korg Drv Tool (1.15r18) to connect to Cubase after a lot of exploring found that the desktop only connects when I plug into a specific USB port!  A lot is written on the Korg Forum about this topic if you search under USB-Midi you might want to try some of these tips/tricks

Sorry I cannot be more specific but I think the problem is the Samsung TabPro not recognising the Pa3x connection, not MobileSheets (Win 10)  as from my prospective it works very well

Paul
(01-30-2017, 10:06 AM)Harcon Wrote:
(01-30-2017, 06:56 AM)avago Wrote: I´m glad to hear that. Could you be kind to write what driver you use and I think PA 4 and PA 3 use the same USB midi connection and driver software. Maybe it has something to do with the tablet. You use a Surface, I use a Samsung TabPro, but both tablets are running win 10. Weird...
Best regards,
avago

avago

I think you are correct when you say it depends on the computer. I have no problem connecting the Pa4x to the Surface Pro its recognises it most times (sometimes I have to reboot, but rare) in fact I did not load the Korg USB-Midi Driver the surface Pro it just recognised the Pa4x and shows up in connected devices as "Pa4x".

However on my desktop where I have to use the Korg Drv Tool (1.15r18) to connect to Cubase after a lot of exploring found that the desktop only connects when I plug into a specific USB port!  A lot is written on the Korg Forum about this topic if you search under USB-Midi you might want to try some of these tips/tricks

Sorry I cannot be more specific but I think the problem is the Samsung TabPro not recognising the Pa3x connection, not MobileSheets (Win 10)  as from my prospective it works very well

Paul

I use Korg´s Drv. Tool 1.15r18, I think this is the only one intended to all of Korgs USB-midi connections. On my Samsung TabPro it is present on the Device Manager and it works well in Sibelius and Cubase. But it dosn´t shows up in MSP. Furthermore I tried all 3 apps on two of my win desktops and the result was the same. With MSP in Android the connection works fine withoult any driver.

avago
Avago

Have you tried removing the Korg driver(completely) and plugging in MSP to see if Win 10 selects an appropriate driver. As indicated I did not load any drivers on my surface pro, it maybe worth a try

Good luck

Paul
(01-30-2017, 10:56 PM)Harcon Wrote: Avago

Have you tried removing the Korg driver(completely) and plugging in MSP to see if Win 10 selects an appropriate driver. As indicated I did not load any drivers on my surface pro, it maybe worth a try

Good luck

Paul

Yes, indeed I actually started with connecting the keyboard to MSP on my win 10 tablet withoult any USB-midi driver. Nothing happend, than I started to look after some drivers. It makes sense to do the same, as I do on my desctops, after all they run the same win 10 software. But unfortunately no luck... I have about 800 Song Book entrys on the Korg, each of them carefully edited with corresponding MSP files, så I really don´t know what to do. Well, back to Android, maybe...

thanks for your help,

avago
My contact at KORG sent me this link: http://www.korg.com/us/news/2016/1228/

It appears there may be an issue with the driver in Windows 10. Hopefully a fix will be released soon. I'll post any information as I get it.

Mike
(01-31-2017, 03:01 AM)Zuberman Wrote: My contact at KORG sent me this link: http://www.korg.com/us/news/2016/1228/

It appears there may be an issue with the driver in Windows 10. Hopefully a fix will be released soon. I'll post any information as I get it.

Mike

Meny thanks Mike, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Bonsoir,

Maintenant, les pilotes du Korg Kronos et du Korg Pa4x fonctionnent bien et apparaissent bien dans le programme.
Je ne sais pas ce qui a changé mais ça fonctionne.
Voilà donc un problème résolu pour moi.
I'm glad things are working properly now ballade. I'll work on adding support for pauses between sending commands at some point.

Mike
(01-31-2017, 12:24 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Je suis les choses heureuses fonctionnent correctement maintenant ballade. Je vais travailler sur l' ajout du support pour les pauses entre l' envoi de commandes à un moment donné.

Mike

Merci Mike
(01-30-2017, 11:33 PM)avago Wrote: Yes, indeed I actually started with connecting the keyboard to MSP on my win 10 tablet withoult any USB-midi driver. Nothing happend, than I started to look after some drivers. It makes sense to do the same, as I do on my desctops, after all they run the same win 10 software. But unfortunately no luck... I have about 800 Song Book entrys on the Korg, each of them carefully edited with corresponding MSP files, så I really don´t know what to do. Well, back to Android, maybe...

thanks for your help,

avago
 Avago

That's a lot of songbook entries (800) I can understand your frustration with not being able to connect. It would be greatly appreciated if I could get a copy of your songbook file (backup) or even a txt file that shows the song name & the resources. Please I am not seeking the source documents, I am just getting into songbook and trying to build a library and a copy of your songbook would assist greatly. 

Please advise if you are willing to share

Paul
(01-31-2017, 10:01 PM)Harcon Wrote:
(01-30-2017, 11:33 PM)avago Wrote: Yes, indeed I actually started with connecting the keyboard to MSP on my win 10 tablet withoult any USB-midi driver. Nothing happend, than I started to look after some drivers. It makes sense to do the same, as I do on my desctops, after all they run the same win 10 software. But unfortunately no luck... I have about 800 Song Book entrys on the Korg, each of them carefully edited with corresponding MSP files, så I really don´t know what to do. Well, back to Android, maybe...

thanks for your help,

avago
 Avago

That's a lot of songbook entries (800) I can understand your frustration with not being able to connect. It would be greatly appreciated if I could get a copy of your songbook file (backup) or even a txt file that shows the song name & the resources. Please I am not seeking the source documents, I am just getting into songbook and trying to build a library and a copy of your songbook would assist greatly. 

Please advise if you are willing to share

Paul

Paul,

I will try to make a text file of my songbook, but the entries are mostly on danish, I don´t know what you can do with them. It takes a couple of years to build a large repertoire, there are midi files and there are styles/arrangements in it.

About the usb midi connection: I think it relates to the keyboard. Both you, and an other user (Ballade) owns Pa 4X and it works with MSP. (I have a Pa 3X) I actually tried to uninstall the usb midi driver as you suggested, but as soon as I connect the usb cable to the tablet, it installs the Korg driver directly from my keyboard. And the installed driver is an even older one, compared to the Korg usb midi driver downloadet from Korg´s support page.

But as you can read, Mike has some good news from Korg, they admit, that the driver has issues with the latest win 10 and a new driver is on it´s way.

best regards

avago
Avago

Much appreciated I have sent you a private message with my email address for the songbook txt.

Good luck with the driver issue

Paul