• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug Report: Centre of Large Link Points Don't Work
Hi Mike!

Slightly strange bug: I have my Link Point size set to 50px (as I did under Android). At this size, the link only detects a click if you click it within ~15px of the bottom or the top of the circle. If you click on it in the centre (either dead centre, or off to one side or the other but within ~10px of centre vertically) it does nothing (unless it's been placed in a touch action zone, in which case the action, such as a page turn, will fire instead of the link!). I've tested this both with my finger and with a stylus.

Any idea what might be causing this?

Thanks!

-Russ
Sounds like a bug with the hit detection. Is this only happening with link points you transferred from Android? Or is it also happening with new link points you are creating?

Mike
(01-27-2017, 03:04 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Sounds like a bug with the hit detection. Is this only happening with link points you transferred from Android? Or is it also happening with new link points you are creating?

Mike

It affects both transferred and newly-created link points. Something I've noticed tonight is that some (but not all) of the link points that are located away from the normal page turn touch areas do work as expected, but even there some of them only work if touched near the bottom or top, and I can't see anything to distinguish between those that do and don't work.

I've also noticed some other weirdness with link points in 1.7.2:
  • When creating a link point to the immediate next page, the destination circle will turn transparent as expected by the origin link point will remain opaque
  • I can't reproduce it now, but while I was testing for the previous bug, I discovered that if I created and deleted the same orange link three times in quick succession, on the third time the origin link point would be invisible and the UI language would change to Czech (while still claiming to be using the system default, which is English). As I say, I can't reproduce it now, but it was weird enough I thought you should know about it.  Smile
-Russ