• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Long press for overlay works inconsistently on Nexus 10
Hello,

I am unable to consistently bring up the overlay menu using the long press. I've noticed that even if my finger moves even a millimeter during a long press then it won't successfully open. I have tried using the swipe up option for some time but that has proved troublesome as well when scrolling through music with the device turned on it's side.
This could be a problem with your tablet rather than Mobilesheets. I've found by trial and error that staying too long on a long press does not work on my tablet. I have to lift off after just less than a second or else all that happens is my screen goes dimmer!
It's difficult to describe but I need a totally different type of touch on my tablet than the touch I had developed on my iPhone. I sympathise with your troubles; very frustrating.
Thanks for the report. The Nexus 10 has a very high resolution screen, and I believe I may not be accounting for this in calculating the "dead space" allowed before I determine that a finger really has moved or not. I'll address this in the next update after I do some more analysis.

If possible, I may also try to support a true long press, where the overlay would come up with your finger down (like all other long press actions work), instead of having to lift up for the action to take place. In the current version, I had to do it this way due to some technical difficulties with the way songs are displayed (this is changing big time in the next update).

Mike