• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pops and clicks when audio player starts and stops?
I am getting audible pops/clicks when I press play for an audio file uisng either the little pop up box that appears at bottom right, or using an airturn pedal assigned to the same function. It is quite annoying and it also gives a jerky start to audio files. I think it has something to do with and audio file starting almost immediately (as in a very short "gap" at the start) however no other audio programs have this issue.

Is it MSP, or the audio player on the tablet? (HP Pro Slate 12 - android 5.1.1)

Thanks

PS: I tried turning off Wi-Fi but it made no difference.

PPS: I also think it might if the audio player part of the app "sleeps" if it does such a thing, as I notice that if I stop and start, or press the start again as soon as the little box fades, no clicks. Although sometimes I will also get a click when the little box auto closes. It is really weird!!

It is definitely something to do something in the audio part of the app - if it is inactive for about 6 seconds or more - it makes a click. Then whe you try to restart an audio file, it clicks again. But will not click as long as the audio file is playing. If I leave an audio file to run its course and then do nothing for 10 seconds, it clicks "off" and then we repeat. On some occasions the click is really noticeable, and can get quite loud (relatively)

Okay this ins narrowed down to the built in audio player. I can not get the same result using any other music app. Somehow the audio player is turning off if not being used and then "awakens" with the next song starting and it pops/clicks again. If I play one song after another with less than 10 seconds break, no problem. However many of my songs have intros or the audio file does not start until a second verse for example, so 10 seconds is not really going to cut it! When I turn the PA up to gig levels the pop/click is really intrusivley loud!
I can't reproduce this on any of my devices, so I would need you to work with me for awhile testing various installers to see if we could pinpoint the problem. I use Google's standard mediaplayer code, so I don't really do much other than load the file, set the volume, and then instruct the player to start playing. We can experiment with removing the setVolume call to see if that matters, with fading in the volume, and a few other things.

Mike
(02-23-2017, 04:05 PM)Zuberman Wrote: I can't reproduce this on any of my devices, so I would need you to work with me for awhile testing various installers to see if we could pinpoint the problem.  I use Google's standard mediaplayer code, so I don't really do much other than load the file, set the volume, and then instruct the player to start playing. We can experiment with removing the setVolume call to see if that matters, with fading in the volume, and a few other things.

Mike

OK here

Hannspad 13.3
Android 4.2.2

John
Hannspree 13.3"
Android 4.2.2
(02-23-2017, 04:05 PM)Zuberman Wrote: I can't reproduce this on any of my devices, so I would need you to work with me for awhile testing various installers to see if we could pinpoint the problem.  I use Google's standard mediaplayer code, so I don't really do much other than load the file, set the volume, and then instruct the player to start playing. We can experiment with removing the setVolume call to see if that matters, with fading in the volume, and a few other things.

Mike

Thanks Mike...sorry to hear you can not reproduce it. But it is definitley the inbuilt audio player. As I wrote if I play a song and then jump to the next song and start the MP3 immediately no click. if I leave it 10 seconds (and it is the same time every time btw) there is another click as if something is turning off. Then it "re-awakens" with another click when put back into use again, if that makes sense?
(02-23-2017, 08:36 PM)namder Wrote:

Mike

OK here

Hannspad 13.3
Android 4.2.2

John

Thanks John, but as I wrote, I am using 5.1.1. Not sure if that has anything to do with it mind you haha! But is is a difference. I have read online folks having issues (not jsut this one) with 5.1.1 so who knows....
FWIW I have a nexus 7 so I was thinking of just loading up the MP3's in it and using a "standard" android music player. Only trouble there is finding one that will also allow the use of the airturn pedal Sad
Big BIG shout out to Mike. He spent a few hours today trying to help me fix this problem, to no avail. Not his fault or MSP afaics . Seems to be a hardware issue with the HP Tablet and 5.1.1. His effort was very much appreciated and the support he provides is, imo, second to none. And I've been using software (both desktop and live) for years and have been to many developer sites and forums, nothing comes close. Maybe Dan over at vArranger is close or on par, but that's about it!

So again my sincere thanks Mike

Dennis