• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pops and clicks when audio player starts and stops?
I am getting audible pops/clicks when I press play for an audio file uisng either the little pop up box that appears at bottom right, or using an airturn pedal assigned to the same function. It is quite annoying and it also gives a jerky start to audio files. I think it has something to do with and audio file starting almost immediately (as in a very short "gap" at the start) however no other audio programs have this issue.

Is it MSP, or the audio player on the tablet? (HP Pro Slate 12 - android 5.1.1)

Thanks

PS: I tried turning off Wi-Fi but it made no difference.

PPS: I also think it might if the audio player part of the app "sleeps" if it does such a thing, as I notice that if I stop and start, or press the start again as soon as the little box fades, no clicks. Although sometimes I will also get a click when the little box auto closes. It is really weird!!

It is definitely something to do something in the audio part of the app - if it is inactive for about 6 seconds or more - it makes a click. Then whe you try to restart an audio file, it clicks again. But will not click as long as the audio file is playing. If I leave an audio file to run its course and then do nothing for 10 seconds, it clicks "off" and then we repeat. On some occasions the click is really noticeable, and can get quite loud (relatively)

Okay this ins narrowed down to the built in audio player. I can not get the same result using any other music app. Somehow the audio player is turning off if not being used and then "awakens" with the next song starting and it pops/clicks again. If I play one song after another with less than 10 seconds break, no problem. However many of my songs have intros or the audio file does not start until a second verse for example, so 10 seconds is not really going to cut it! When I turn the PA up to gig levels the pop/click is really intrusivley loud!

Messages In This Thread
pops and clicks when audio player starts and stops? - by pax_eterna - 02-23-2017, 10:09 AM