• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Backing Files to SD Card
I am having problems getting my MS files backed up to the external SD card. Any help would be appreciated. I assume I should ensure MobileSheetsPro should NOT manage my imported files.

DaveD
Most likely this is a limitation imposed by the Android OS (KitKat).

You would probably be better off creating a backup on your (windows) computer using the companion app (on your windows computer).

You could create the backup in your main memory area (on the tablet), though. Obviously less desirable, since it will take up memory that is at a premium on the device.
I could be wrong, it happened once before.
(02-24-2017, 11:35 AM)Steve B. Wrote: Most likely this is a limitation imposed by the Android OS (KitKat).

You would probably be better off creating a backup on your (windows) computer using the companion app (on your windows computer).

You could create the backup in your main memory area (on the tablet), though. Obviously less desirable, since it will take up memory that is at a premium on the device.

Thanks for the reply. My Tablet is running version 5.0.2. Should the downloads to the card be possible with this version ?
Can you do this: Settings>backup/restore>backup library>select a backup destination>[horizontal scroll the path line at the top of the page to the right, select storage]>extsdcard [or equivalent]>android>data>com.zubersoft.mobilesheets>files>then make a new folder[in the overflow, 3 dots, top right]? I would think you could back up to that folder if you can make the folder in the first place.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
If you want to save files to a removable SD card with Android 5.0+, there is only one directory that MobileSheetsPro is currently allowed to write to. That directory is <extSdCard path>/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files. That means if you browse to the root of your removable SD card, you would have to create the Android folder (if it doesn't exist), then data, then com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro, and then files. You can then save anything you want in that folder. I recognize that this isn't very convenient, so I'm working on adding support for the new API Google introduced that allows my app to write to any location on a removable SD card once the user has chosen it and provided authorization to my app. The way this will work is that users will have to first designate the SD card in the settings, which gives my app authorization to access and write to it, and then it will be possible to create backups on it or set a folder on the SD card as the storage location. I'm not sure how much slower file access will be using that new API - I'm hoping it doesn't slow down things like library backups which involve a lot of file I/O.
Thank you both for your replies. I'm still having problems with downloads. My Tablet will not let me select a directory on the sd card.
This should be fixed with version 1.7.6 which I released this morning. You can now save files to removable SD cards. Let me know if it works for you now.

Mike