• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alternative Songlist?
Hello Mike,

using MobileSheetsPro since quite a long time now with much joy, I want to enter into a new dimension using it: In connecting MSP to my (Yamaha-) Keyboard I want MSP to automatically load the fitting registrations for my songs.
To say it first: I know this is already possible by now.
In order to that I should have my song titles renamed in a way that they correspond to a number system of the registrations. I can do that in at least 2 ways:
1) I could rename the existing song titles by adding a (3 digit) number system at the beginning of each song title;
I'd prefer another solution which gives more flexibility:
2) I could use the song title formating by using the field "USER DEFINED" and thus setting the numbers in front of each song title.
But:
In doing so I would always have the numbers shown in the titles when displaying the song list.

For other use I would rather have only the titles displayed in the song list - without the numbers.
I did'nt find a way yet to choose either only the title names or the titles with numbers in front of them.

I imagine that could be achieved by various means. Two ways I'd suggest here:
Either:
Adding a checkbox option in the settings menu: "Display song titles as under Title Format" .
Option checked results in showing the whole formatted title string;
option unchecked shows only the field  "Title".

Or:
An option to show the title either according to the field "Title" or according to the field "Name for sorting".
(Is this the correct english name? I use the german version. There it's called "Sortiername"; it is the second field in the song editor field tab and it's hidden by default.)

I would appreciate it very much to have this 'two fold' song list option implemented. Either by one of my two suggestions or by something even better you might be thinking of.

Thank you very much to considering that.

By the way:
I found out that there is no way to use the field %KEYWORDS%" in formatting the title. Is that by purpose?

Greetings from Germany

Ulrich
Why not just insert a MIDI command file to select the registration on the Yammie? You do this by using program MSB LSB and Program change command. IIRC the Yammie accepts these as registration selectors.That way when a song loads it auto loads the registration. all you need is an OTG (On The Go) cable for your android and a USB to MIDI cable. Wouldn't cost more than about $40 I reckon!

You cannot gt more flexible than that. And no change to song titles necessary Smile
I think I'm with pax_eterna on this. There is no necessity to add/display any numbers, just because there is a set of midi commands being sent to the keybard. When using the files for "other use" - presumably wthout the keyboard connected - the midi commands will simply be ignored.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
(03-04-2017, 05:37 AM)pax_eterna Wrote: Why not just insert a MIDI command file to select the registration on the Yammie? You do this by using program MSB LSB and Program change command. IIRC the Yammie accepts these as registration selectors.That way when a song loads it auto loads the registration. all you need is an OTG (On The Go) cable for your android and a USB to MIDI cable. Wouldn't cost more than about $40 I reckon!

You cannot gt more flexible than that. And no change to song titles necessary Smile

Hello pax_eterna,

you wanted to offer me help. Thanks for that!
But you didn't fully understand my request, I guess. I know how to controll the Yamaha registrations by MobileSheetsPro. And I wrote that at the beginning of my new threat. And: I don't need any (Dummy) MIDI file for that. (This would only be necessary when I wanted to do things viceversa: When loading a song sheet in MobileSheetsPro by selecting a registration in the keyboard.)
To controll the registration by loading a song in MSP you only have to send a patch command from MSP to the keyboard.

The background to my request is this:
The patch command I send to the keyboard - and the same would be true for using a MIDI-file - controls the position NUMBER in the keyboards folder.
This is the position number of the registration file within its folder; I can't call the NAME of the requested registration - only its position number!
That's why I want to have full controll over what I am doing - That means: I want to SEE that the position number of the registration in the keyboard corresponds with the "number" of the song in MSP.
(Adding a new song must not change the alphabetical order within its registration folder! But the new song should appear in the alphabetical list in MSP at the correct position! Therefor it's important to 'see' what belongs together.)

But when I use the songs without the cable connection between MSP and the keyboard, these "numbers" I can add to the title by 'title formatting' are disturbing to me.
Therefor I would appreciate to have the possibility to display the song titles in 2 different ways.

(By the way:
"pax eterna" isn't a common name. But I know: eternal peace is possible by Jesus Christ! Do you know Him?)

Greetings from Germany
Ulrich
Hello Mike,

if you intend to think about to implement my request:
I think the 2 options I mentioned would be integrated best in the song lists "Sort Menu" with its options for choosing the method of sorting the songs.
Just for the case you are considering adding that.

Thanks for your already great app!

Greetings from Germany
Ulrich