• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
$$ - Seeking Library builder (Public Domain Choral works)
Music 
Greetings,

Is anyone out there good at importing sheet music and adding metadata in the Mobile Sheets Pro? Or do you know of someone?

I need help ingesting public domain works into the software to create a searchable library that includes metadata such as composer, language and year. I would be able to pay you for your time.

This is for a humanitarian program that I am involved with. We are introducing digital sheet music to a Cuban choir later this month; their biggest challenge is finding printing paper and ink so by providing tablets, MobileSheets Pro and a library of P.D. works, this will help solve their challenge and also step them into the digital world.

Also, perhaps someone out there has already compiled a library of P.D. choral works? If not, I am able to supply the files.

Feel free to reach me to discuss.  

Regards,
Jeff
You can combine all works into a single PDF document. Then create a CSV with page numbers, titles, and so on. Import the PDF + CSV into MSPro and all songs plus metadata are there. Post the PDF and CSV here so other people can enjoy too.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
(03-09-2017, 08:44 PM)sciurius Wrote: You can combine all works into a single PDF document. Then create a CSV with page numbers, titles, and so on. Import the PDF + CSV into MSPro and all songs plus metadata are there. Post the PDF and CSV here so other people can enjoy too.

Thanks for the idea on this.
Depending on the scope of this project, and the time constraints, I would be willing to help.

What is the format of the existing files you want converted/imported?
How many songs are there?
Do you have a list of the composers, languages, and years? Would I need to decipher these for myself?
What other potential categories are you considering?
I could be wrong, it happened once before.