• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Save various annotation settings
When using MobileSheets, I almost always have to use different settings of one specific annotations tool.
For instance, in certain places in a score, I need to use the pen tool with one color, size and opacity amount.
In other places in the same score, I need to use the pen tool with very different settings.
Often, there is a third pen setting that needs to be used in various places in that same score.
These notations need to be made in a random order.
In other words, I presently have to keep changing all those settings each and every time I switch from one pen setting to another. This is really time consuming.

It would, therefore, be extremely helpful if it was possible to save a list of several pre-programmed, nameable settings for an annotation tool such as the pen or text tool. At the moment, I find I'm spending more time changing settings back and forth than making the actual annotations.

Thanks! I believe many users would also find this to be a huge time saver.
I rarely use annotations and when I do, it's done by transferring notes made (using pencil and paper) during rehearsal.  That way, there is no time constraint or making other people hang about while I fiddle with the tablet.

That said, this strikes me as an excellent addition to the feature list and would be very useful to quite a few users.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
This part of the big annotation rework that is coming. I also want to allow annotations to be made without having to switch to the editing screen. My plan is to use a radial wheel to make it easy to switch tools and settings.

Mike
(03-18-2017, 03:30 AM)Zuberman Wrote: This part of the big annotation rework that is coming. I also want to allow annotations to be made without having to switch to the editing screen.  My plan is to use a radial wheel to make it easy to switch tools and settings.

Mike

Great, thanks Mike :-) Hopefully, we'll be able to save settings to reuse. Also, I'm REALLY hoping (begging?) that stamps like crescendos, diminuendos, actually all the annotations will be scalable!
(03-17-2017, 05:20 PM)Alan Evans Wrote: It would, therefore, be extremely helpful if it was possible to save a list of several pre-programmed, nameable settings for an annotation tool such as the pen or text tool.

Different reasons but I would also find this feature useful.

Might be a good design pattern to follow. Could be useful elsewhere like Filters. Just a thought.
Samsung Note 10.1 GT-N8013ZW / iPad Pro / AirTurn BT-105 / AirTurn BT200S-4
(03-18-2017, 03:30 AM)Zuberman Wrote: This part of the big annotation rework that is coming. I also want to allow annotations to be made without having to switch to the editing screen. My plan is to use a radial wheel to make it easy to switch tools and settings.

Mike

INDEED!!! I keep looking many times a day for that update to come... so greatful to you Mike!
As I am waiting for my replacement screen/digitizer... been two weeks of waiting and third EBay strike for that cracked monitor glass replacement part... but should be coming next week!