• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feature Request:Half Page Turn Variability
I've been using mobilesheets for a couple of weeks now and think the program is fantastic. I would like to refrain from using a bluetooth pedal as much as possible and the half page turn option is great for that, only sometimes the music isn't structured in a way that allows me to turn the page before the exact halfway mark. It would be extremely helpful if you could allow the user the option to customize how much of the page turns. For example if I need to turn the page three quarters of the way down, could there be a way to show a quarter of the next page at the top? Or any other configuration in that manner and have the option to customize or leave it standard for each individual page turn. It would also be helpful to be able to switch between half page turns and single page turns within a piece of music. One more thing in viewability. It would also be a nice addition to be able to crop a line of one page to the bottom margin area of another. Sometimes I'll get a piece of music where its two pages, but the second page only has like 4 measures. Thanks!
Hi cteach48.

Try to experiment a bit with vertical scrolling. If you crop the pages for optimum space you might get the single lines on the previous page. Also you can peek to the next page this way. I'm hoping for some more features for vertical scrolling if Mike gets to it to improve the scrolling experience.
(03-22-2017, 07:08 AM)BRX Wrote: Hi cteach48.

Try to experiment a bit with vertical scrolling. If you crop the pages for optimum space you might get the single lines on the previous page. Also you can peek to the next page this way. I'm hoping for some more features for vertical scrolling if Mike gets to it to improve the scrolling experience.
Thank you for the feedback! I've tried playing around with it, but my issue comes when I only have time to press the screen quickly and can't get the page into the position I want fast enough. Unless their is a way to preset how far you want it to scroll onto the next page that I don't know about. I know theirs a way in landscape mode but your restricted to staying on the current page. I don't like the automatic scroll option because its hard to use in rehearsal settings and is dependent upon playing the music being played at the exact same tempo every time.
This discussion has come up in the past and I do plan on adding a way to specify where each "half-page" turn will happen. I think the thought process was that I would add a blue bar that you could drag up or down to decide where the page turn would occur at. So this is still on my list of things to add. As for your request to switch display modes in the middle of a song, that would open a can of worms with my design, so unfortunately I can't support that. You can already do this between songs though, so I might suggest breaking up your song into multiple songs if needed. Your last request is almost like a form of reflow, where empty white space is filled by moving the contents of the pages. This kind of splicing of pages is beyond the scope of what MobileSheets can do at the moment.

The vertical scrolling option is certainly one that might work for you if you have a pedal. With a pedal, you can specify how much of the page you want to scroll at once with each press.

Mike
(03-25-2017, 03:25 AM)Zuberman Wrote: This discussion has come up in the past and I do plan on adding a way to specify where each "half-page" turn will happen.  I think the thought process was that I would add a blue bar that you could drag up or down to decide where the page turn would occur at.  So this is still on my list of things to add. As for your request to switch display modes in the middle of a song, that would open a can of worms with my design, so unfortunately I can't support that.   You can already do this between songs though, so I might suggest breaking up your song into multiple songs if needed. Your last request is almost like a form of reflow, where empty white space is filled by moving the contents of the pages.  This kind of splicing of pages is beyond the scope of what MobileSheets can do at the moment.

The vertical scrolling option is certainly one that might work for you if you have a pedal. With a pedal, you can specify how much of the page you want to scroll at once with each press.

Mike

Thank you, I appreciate it! Also, would there be a way that when your using stylus mode, since its already differentiating between touch and the pen, that you could pan the screen with your fingers while zoomed in on a section of the music while annotating?
I can look into supporting that.
Maybe have a look at http://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/is....cgi?id=68
I described a scenario for variable split line.
Making half page turns something that is only triggered by two finger taps while single finger taps continue to turn whole pages is not something I can support with the single page display. I already have plans to make the half page turn positions configurable for the half page display mode. I guess I could modify that display mode so that you could control whether to turn a half or whole page if that is something people need.