• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MobileSheetsPro v1.8.0 Released
MobileSheetsPro v1.8.0 has been released with mainly bug fixes and a few minor enhancements.  I was previously planning on the next release including many new features surrounding MIDI, but a user informed me of a critical bug that required an immediate fix. This bug occurs when using a custom folder on a removable SD card as the storage location for MobileSheetsPro. If "Create Subdirectory per Song" is disabled, and a song is deleted, the storage location and all files in it can be deleted. This occurs because Google's newer storage API doesn't check to see if a folder is empty before allowing a deletion. It will just delete the folder and all files in it.  I was unaware of this difference in behavior from the normal file API, and have added fixes to address it. The full list of changes can be found below:

MobileSheetsPro v1.8.0
  • Fixed issue that could cause files to be incorrectly deleted if using a custom storage location on a removable SD card without song subdirectories
  • Added support for Japanese
  • Fixed issue with the automatic scrolling speed being 4x too slow when using the Scroll and Pause behavior
  • Added support for up to 6 pedals
  • Fixed bug when loading specific songs in a setlist when the sort mode is set to shuffle.
  • IPv6 addresses are now correctly ignored when connecting to the companion application
  • Fixed bug with reporting progress while uploading files to Dropbox
  • Fixed issue with articles not being ignored if they were not separated by spaces in the settings
  • Minor bug fixes and enhancements
I'm nearing completion on the next major update. The Android side is finished, and I'm just copying the changes over to Windows 10 and the companion app. I'm excited to share some of the new features that have been added!

Mike
Sorry Mike ,can you refresh my memory on how to install updates. Also I am having a problem with the alphabet list on right side of screen. Sometimes when I touch on a letter it does not go to that section of music files.
(05-13-2017, 11:52 PM)pauljohn Wrote: Sorry Mike ,can you refresh my memory on how to install updates. Also I am having a problem with the alphabet list on right side of screen. Sometimes when I touch on a letter it does not go to that section of music files.

Hi pauljohn!
You get your updates from the app store where you made the original purchase.
Hopefully, you didn't buy it from Amazon, since they seem to be  v  e  r  y  slow to push updates through their system.

S
I could be wrong, it happened once before.
If you purchase from Google Play, open the play store app, slide out the tray from the left side, tap "My Apps & Games", then tap the update option next to MobileSheetsPro. Alternatively, you can just search for MobileSheetsPro and tap the update button on the app store page.

As for the issue with touching the letters and it not working, do you have any other issues with touch detection on that device? If you tap the right side of the screen to turn the page, are there any situations where it sometimes doesn't turn a page when you do this? Or is this specific to the alphabet letters on the library screen?

Thanks,
Mike
Mike. The problem is specific to the alphabet letters on the library screen is weird that some letters work and others don't.
If you scroll the list of letters up or down and tap on those same letters, do they still not work, or does it work after doing that? Granted this will only work if you have a lot of letters displayed, and you might need to rotate into landscape orientation if there aren't enough letters listed. I just want to rule out problems with touch detection not working on certain parts of the screen. The same logic is used for every letter, so I'm not sure why some would be working for you and not others. If it's easily reproducible for you, I might ask for a copy of your database file so that I can try test with the same list of songs/letters that you have. To get me mobilesheets.db (the database file), enable Settings->Storage->Expose Database, and then copy the file from your storage location (the path listed if you tap on "Set MobileSheets Storage Location"

Thanks,
Mike
@pauljohn

Do you have "Use Large Letters For Alphabet List" set in the "Library Settings"?

I expect you do, but if you don't, this would give you a larger area to press.

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
How do I copy the database file to you? File Path is /storage/emulated/o/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files
Tried reducing size of alphabet letters so all are on screen but got same results.
If you enable Settings->Storage->Expose Database, you should see mobilesheets.db inside the folder you listed. You can either copy that file by connecting your tablet to your PC using a USB cable, or you can use a file browser like ES File Explorer. You can then email mobilesheets.db to mike@zubersoft.com.

Thanks,
Mike
Wow, I have been out of the loop.. I am still using.. Version 4.1.6 (not Pro) from Amazon and this is the first time I had seen there was a Pro version! Wow. What are some of the biggest changes?
Pretty sure I'll be buying it from Google and not Amazon.. it has happened enough times that they wanted my tablet to be connected to the internet before I could use the app, and at church on Sunday morning, that's not helpful. ha!
To many to tell. the difference is like that between a child and an adult. Get it from the play store or the win 10 ver., or both.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
I outlined some of the differences in this post when MobileSheetsPro was first released: http://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/news/?p=343

Over time, the number of differences is growing as I add more and more features to MobileSheetsPro.