• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scroll amount settings (feedback appreciated)
I'm definitely in favour of using percentage of screen height for vertical scroll as proposed. I am still experimenting as to the best use of scrolling for performance of piano pieces. I'm finding that I currently get the best results using the metronome settings. I don't need the metronome as such, but I set it at 60 bpm, and then (in the playback settings) set the number of beats per page at my timing for playing that page less 15-20 seconds. I then use 'Scroll and Pause' in the automated scrolling settings, and set the amount I have taken off (15-20 seconds) as the Pause Duration, set the scroll speed as 'Use Metronome', and scroll 50% of the page. This seems to make reasonable allowance for small timing variations between pages. For simple pieces without tempo variations, I use 'Fixed duration'.

One small point I have found is that if I use 'Create Snippet' to make a new song from a larger existing work, it doesn't seem (for me at least) to transfer across all of the metronome and scrolling settings. I guess that could be useful.

Regards,

Phillip

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scroll amount settings (feedback appreciated) - by Phillip21 - 04-26-2017, 12:37 AM