• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie struggles
After trying out the free version for a while, I could see this product had all kinds of advantages and I went ahead bought the paid version from PlayStore.

There is one activity I plan to be doing a lot and I must master the best way of doing it: I am a pianist whose paper scores are covered with messy fingerings written in, often with an ugly blotch covering up the finger notation that I disagreed with.

Here's what I have learned to do so far, but it is terribly clumsy and haphazard: I set the opacity to 100 and annotation color to white (if it's a line) or to white border and white interior (if it's a shape). That becomes my "eraser" that I so wish the eraser tool would be. Using a shape would be best except for the fact that since everything is white, I cannot see where I am actually placing the shape. Creating a wide line and scrubbing back and forth over what needs to be obliterated is a little more sure except that getting the last few black fragments obscured is tedious.

This early experience suggests to me that instead of planning to get a Chromebook and active stylus that play well together I may need to do my annotation work on a different setup, modifying my PDF files to the way I want them before importing them.

BUT, honestly, I can't believe I am not missing something and that people are regularly doing this all within MobileSheets, and have figured out how to do it easily.

Surprisingly I tried searching several different ways and came up with nothing that seemed to apply here in the forums. Please get me pointed right.
If you long press the line icon, you can select shapes
Then select a rectangle as the shape and set it's fill colour to white
Draw your rectangle as required.

Another possibility for your fingerings is to use the text tool and set the background fill to white

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
As Geoff said:

1. Tap the shape icon (which is a line to start), then tap it again to display the settings
  2. Switch to the rectangle tool and set the line and fill color to white
  3. Tap the favorites icon (a star) at the top left and tap the + icon to add the rectangle as one of your favorites. This lets you quickly switch to drawing a white box whenever you need it

Mike
Thanks, Geoff and Admin. It will be a journey for me, but atm I have a favorites entry that is for 6 pt black text, 100 opacity, white background.

- Select the favorite entry
- Drop it over the note (if a fingering is there already, it will be hidden)
- Type a 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

If I could understand how to place it with high precision, that would be the end. However, I'm fast getting good at using the Nudge tool!
Put two fingers on the screen and spread them for to zoom out (enlarges the picture)
If necessary, scroll to the desired area by dragging sideways
Apply the annotation to the zoomed image
pinch zoom to shrink

Just in case you don't know, you can set the Nudge Tool so that it is always displayed when you are editing text (saves switching to the selection arrow)

I use blue rather than black text - this shows me what has been changed so that I can update my master file on the pc (though I'm using chords rather than fingerings)

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
(02-04-2023, 08:01 AM)Steve H Wrote: I am a pianist whose paper scores are covered with messy fingerings written in, often with an ugly blotch covering up the finger notation that I disagreed with.

... I may need to do my annotation work on a different setup, modifying my PDF files to the way I want them before importing them.
... Please get me pointed right.

NOW you have the best chance to start with clean score again. Go urtext, go years back and have fun. Clean table.