• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone use a Donner page turn pedal?
Donner Bluetooth Foot pedal.

I have just bought one of these from Amazon, they had good reviews.

I can get it to work, but if I leave it for only a short period of time, about 15 seconds, it drops the bluetooth connection.

Don't think I am doing anything wrong but obviously this is no use to me, anyone got one and ahd any problems?

Gerry
Many Bluetooth devices have a 'timeout' built in to save battery, but from the Amazon listing, this doesn't seem to have one.
Even so, 15 seconds would be a ridiculously short duration!
I suggest contacting the manufacturer, and quickly...while you can still return it if necessary.

EDIT:

After reviewing the manufacturer's website, I'd say if it doesn't work right from the get-go, you are screwed...support seems to be non-existent.
Return it if you can.
I could be wrong, it happened once before.
(04-28-2017, 08:00 AM)Steve B. Wrote: Many Bluetooth devices have a 'timeout' built in to save battery, but from the Amazon listing, this doesn't seem to have one.
I suggest contacting the manufacturer, and quickly...while you can still return it if necessary.

EDIT:

After reviewing the manufacturer's website, I'd say if it doesn't work right from the get-go, you are screwed...support seems to be non-existent.
Return it if you can.

I have tried this on three separate tablets with the same result, time to drop off varied from 10 seconds to 30 seconds, but same happened on all three.
Fortunately I bought this from Amazon so have used their returns policy and sent it back for a full refund.
The pedal itself looked solid enough and I suppose for those that got one that worked it is good value, i may have just been unlucky.
Interesting. It looks a good value pedal. There are other reviewers on Amazon who talk of using it with MobileSheets and give it 5 stars. So maybe you did have a bad one. I would be interested to hear from anyone else who has used it. I guess not all MSP users look at these forums unfortunately.

Andy
(04-29-2017, 01:59 AM)AndyL Wrote: Interesting. It looks a good value pedal. There are other reviewers on Amazon who talk of using it with MobileSheets and give it 5 stars. So maybe you did have a bad one. I would be interested to hear from anyone else who has used it. I guess not all MSP users look at these forums unfortunately.

Andy

Yes, I would like to hear from others too, it did look the part.
It worked when connected just this problem made it useless.
(04-28-2017, 05:55 PM)gerryfitz Wrote:
(04-28-2017, 08:00 AM)Steve B. Wrote: Many Bluetooth devices have a 'timeout' built in to save battery, but from the Amazon listing, this doesn't seem to have one.

EDIT:

Return it if you can.

I have tried this on three separate tablets with the same result, time to drop off varied from 10 seconds to 30 seconds, but same happened on all three.
Fortunately I bought this from Amazon so have used their returns policy and sent it back for a full refund.
The pedal itself looked solid enough and I suppose for those that got one that worked it is good value, i may have just been unlucky.

I had drop out problems when I tried bluetooth pedals.  I gave up on bluetooth and went back to a wired Billipro.  I have been satisfied with it.
(04-29-2017, 04:24 AM)jeffn1 Wrote:
(04-28-2017, 05:55 PM)gerryfitz Wrote:

EDIT:

Return it if you can.

I had drop out problems when I tried bluetooth pedals.  I gave up on bluetooth and went back to a wired Billipro.  I have been satisfied with it.

To be fair, I have used an Airturn BT-105 for over 3 years and it has been fine. I thought the battery was on the way out so bought this for a spare.

Gerry
I have recently bought a Boston bluetooth pedal, which when it arrived appeared identical (apart from the name written on it) to the Donner pedal that i returned.

The same problem with drop out occurred again.

However... the three tablets that I have a problem with are all 10in.

I have a 7in tablet running on the same Android version (4.1.1) and the pedal works fine on that one.

Bizarre.

I have looked in the 'About tablet' and the only difference I can see is on the kernel versions. The ones that don't work are Kernel 3.08 and the small tablet that does work is Kernel 3.08+ ?

Any of you tech wizards can work out why this is happening?

(I know the tablets are a bit on the old side in terms of os)

Gerry
I've just bought a Donner wireless pedal, as I was fed up with dodgy connections using the BiliPro USB pedal (which are fine when they're working but I think are of rather shoddy construction for the money). So far, no problems with the Donner: it does go into sleep mode, but comes out of it after a few seconds when pressed again.
Does it go into sleep mode after a sufficiently long time? 15 minutes or so?
Anything quicker would soon get in the way.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
Professional collaborative pianist - I’ve been playing from my iPad for over three years using ForScore. I’ve had a PageFlip pedal, and two different AirTurn pedals. The Donner is equal in quality of construction to the AirTurn products, but much more reasonably priced. My only complaint is there is not keyboard button to allow me to interrupt it to type something without turning it off. Otherwise, I highly recommend. Model DMB-1
My Donner pedal is rock solid. If unused it does time out but the time allowed is sufficient. 10 mins and it goes to sleep but one press of tthe pedal and it wakes up the Bluetooth connection quite quickly. I'd recommend it after my experience
(12-11-2018, 06:59 AM)Edmund W Wrote: My Donner pedal is rock solid. If unused it does time out but the time allowed is sufficient. 10 mins and it goes to sleep but one press of tthe pedal and it wakes up the Bluetooth connection quite quickly. I'd recommend it after my experience

I have a Donner pedal as well.  Love it... though I've noticed something odd with my newest "toy" (Samsung Chromebook Plus) that if I attempt to use my Donner, it throws the Chromebook into landscape mode.  Still haven't figured out what's up with that (had planned on using my 12.2" Chromebook in "portrait orientation" which basically would display a "standard A sheet").

SenseiC
SenseiC

Church Worship Leader
Martin D-28

EDIT:

Return it if you can.

I have used it for just a short while and had no problems. Although, i didn't try to connect it for a long time.
12 tablets (Insignia, ONN, Dragon Touch). Ranging from Android 5 to 9.
Hello, I recently purchased thithis BT pedal. I aim to use it with my android 10 inches tablet and MSP.My music sheets are mostly 1 or 2 pages chords and lyrics. Sometimes I use music notation sheets.

My question: I went into the pedal settings and found many options to choose from. I did not fully understand them. What do you suggest? The one I am  using now lower the page of about 1/3 I guess. This is fine when I set the tablet orizzontaly, I see well. But if I have to go to the top of the page or to the chorus, sometimes I have to tap the left pedal several times, and I'm never sure where I land. 

So please any practical tip or advice?