• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Lost Everything
I tried to open a songs and I got a message it was probably corrupt with the suggestions that I reinstall mobilsheets, which I did

I had not backed up the MS files, so lost all my annotations.

Luckily I was able to load all the pdf files that I had been using on my laptop and batch convert them again. So far, so good.

I did a backup this time, but I could not find the external SD Card as an option to back up (So I backed up to the internal SD Card). Everything shows the external SD card storage is on the device.

By big question is whether this suggests there is a defect in the (new) Toshiba Excite 13. All in all it has been working perfectly. Does this just sometimes happen (reason for having a back up file).

Thanks for your thoughts.
I have a Toshiba Thrive and had problems today. They did an update on mine last night. Check to see if yours was updated. I rebooted about 5 times and now it seems to be working correctly.
I think I have it set so it does not updated automatically.

That is a strange coincidence that we both had a problem the same day (without any prior problem).

In your case was Mobilesheets unable to open a song and said it might be corrupted (and suggested reinstalling Mobilesheets)? That is what happened with me.
A number of users lately have had problems with their databases getting corrupted somehow. Every report shows "Other" for the device type, so it's impossible for me to know exactly what kind of devices are having this issue. I'm still trying to get to the bottom of it, but I'll make sure it's addressed for the next update.

You should never have to restore your library due to issues like the ones you are describing. I really apologize for the inconvenience. It's always a good idea to make regular backups, but it should not be a necessity. Keep me posted if you (or anyone else) encounters issues like this. I'm going to add as much protective code as I can to prevent database errors/corruption, or at least provide recovery mechanisms.

Mike
Okay, thank you. I performed the back up (it has to be in the same internal space because, for some reason, MobileSheets does not see the external SD Card).

Luckily, 64 GB (internal memory) should last me a long time (I am not going to use this tablet for anything else except for charts/sheets music, and I am not going to use it for mp3s).

Anyway, it makes me feel a little better I am not the only one with this type of issue and you are looking into it.

Thanks for a great program.
So, if it happens again and you are not available right away (and I need MobileSheets to work) do you have any suggestions of things to try before reinstalling the program and reloading teh data from the back-up library?
One thing I'm going to add is automatic backups of the database in case something like this occurs. As it stands now, you can very quickly and easily export your database by going to Options->Advanced->Export Database. If anything happens to your database, but your PDFs are still in their original location, you can just perform an Import Database to restore your database back to it's previous state. I'm going to make all of this a little more automatic (so that if any serious errors occur, it will use the last known good state), but for now, you can manually take this approach. If you want full control, you can select that you want your database stored on the external part of the SD card (in the advanced options). If you do this, you can manually copy/replace the database under /sdcard/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheets/, but please be careful if you are going to mess around with the database file.
(07-05-2013, 04:13 AM)Zuberman Wrote: One thing I'm going to add is automatic backups of the database in case something like this occurs. As it stands now, you can very quickly and easily export your database by going to Options->Advanced->Export Database. If anything happens to your database, but your PDFs are still in their original location, you can just perform an Import Database to restore your database back to it's previous state. I'm going to make all of this a little more automatic (so that if any serious errors occur, it will use the last known good state), but for now, you can manually take this approach. If you want full control, you can select that you want your database stored on the external part of the SD card (in the advanced options). If you do this, you can manually copy/replace the database under /sdcard/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheets/, but please be careful if you are going to mess around with the database file.

I am pretty much backing up anytime a change anything (add annotations). For some reason, I still haven't been able to get MS to recognize my external SD Card.

Thanks for responding.