• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
audio files mess
First let me start by saying that I love to have audio files next to my sheets/lyrics! However I am having considerable trouble getting it working reliable and in my opinion the handling of audio files in MS is a bit of mess. I think it will work perfectly for someone who is working on only 1 computer but not so if you are using the sync PC feature. In my case I have many dead audio file links and no easy way to repair them (the fix missing files option in settings only lets me delete! the affected songs Huh ) . To my testing MS seems to to do following:

1) adding audio file via MS -> edit song ->audio -> add (local): The file is NOT copied to the MS storage folder (files form the cloud will be copied!)

2) adding audio file via sync client: file is copied to the MS storage folder. There are actually 2 import options which I am not sure what exactly they do.... one of them is disrupting the sync connection....

The main point is that in the worst case the audio files may be spread all accross your memory which is confusing for the user and dangerous for the integrety of the db. For example, I wasnt aware of 1) and added mp3 files from a temporary folder that I later on deleted because I thought I would somehow import the files. Turns out ..not true.
Question is what happens with backup and restore (on another pc) ? Havent tested it in detail, but a backup of my main install on my tablet to my windows phone and a another pc  failed to make all audio files available on those devices...

Imho, all external files including audio should be copied to the MS storage folder. The latter should be set by the local installation of MS only.

btw... Could we have a method to open an attached audio file in another audioplayer? I use chronotron to change speed and pitch of audio and video, something not possible from within MS.

Messages In This Thread
audio files mess - by ks002 - 05-03-2017, 05:38 PM
RE: audio files mess - by Zubersoft - 05-30-2017, 04:30 PM
RE: audio files mess - by ks002 - 10-06-2017, 05:13 PM
RE: audio files mess - by Zubersoft - 10-07-2017, 07:05 AM
RE: audio files mess - by ks002 - 10-07-2017, 06:24 PM
RE: audio files mess - by BRX - 10-07-2017, 08:38 AM
RE: audio files mess - by Zubersoft - 10-07-2017, 11:52 PM
RE: audio files mess - by ks002 - 10-08-2017, 12:35 AM