• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
History
Hello,

we here in germany, and i'm sure, in other countries too, we have an organisation, the GEMA, which represents the copyright of composers and other artists.
For this bands have to give a list of played music. This way the composers get money from the GEMA.

It would be great, of MS would write a history of all sheets loaded during a day. Something like the browser history.
This way it would be easy to fill out this list.

What do you think about this idea?
(05-26-2017, 01:09 AM)lionking Wrote: we here in germany, and i'm sure, in other countries too, we have an organisation, the GEMA, which represents the copyright of composers and other artists. For this bands have to give a list of played music. This way the composers get money from the GEMA.

It would be great, of MS would write a history of all sheets loaded during a day. Something like the browser history.
This way it would be easy to fill out this list.

What do you think about this idea?

I'm all for getting artists paid. That's great and the more we can do in that regard the better.

Perhaps I am not understanding the exact method proposed but how would MS be able to differentiate between practice/rehearsal/setlist building/prep time apart from the actual performance? My initial thought was to simply capture a history of setlists but that wouldn't help those that pull songs off the fly or perhaps re-use the setlist over and over again.

Good conversation to have though.
Samsung Note 10.1 GT-N8013ZW / iPad Pro / AirTurn BT-105 / AirTurn BT200S-4
If you don't have to make it up on the fly, it's probably better to use the setlists. If you do, isn't the recent tab completely sufficient? I don't think there's an extra feature needed.
I always make setlists, and keep them in MSPro (renaming "Gig at Location 2017-04-29" to "ZZ Gig at Location 2017-04-29" so it more or less gets out of the way).

If you're making sets up on the fly the recent list will be helpful to recreate a setlist after the fact.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
"Recent" does not help if a setlist is used and not played completely (e.g. skipped some songs): in that case "Recent" shows the setlist as entry, not individual songs
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Another case: I have one collection per band. For a specific gig we prepare a setlist. In some cases we do not play that setlist in the sequence as prepared but jump around in it as we like. Later in the evening we want to know what's left, what we did not play yet.

I'm looking for a fast and easy way to handle that, something like a "one click action" after a song has been played that deletes it from the setlist, moves it to the end of the setlist or marks it in some way.

Any ideas? (not necessarlily a feature request)
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Well, I'm pretty sure you've already weighed all options with editing the setlist or using collections. But they're far from one click.

The best I can come up with is using the 'in song' setlist from the quick menu and drag the songs around.
This has come up before, and I do want to support it. My thought was to have an option you could enable in the settings to start logging every song that was displayed on the screen, and for how long the song was played. Then when you are done playing, you can go back to that setting to turn off the logging, and it would give you an option to either export the information to a file, copy it to the clipboard, or share it through an external application like email. Would that work for your needs?