• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MobileSheets v1.8.1 (Android + Windows 10) and MSPro Companion v2.5.6 Released
I'm happy to announce that MobileSheetsPro v1.8.1 (Android), MobileSheets v1.8.1 (Windows 10) and MobileSheetsPro Companion v2.5.6 have been released. This is a very large update, especially for Windows 10 where a lot of important bugs have been addressed. I've added quite a few new features in this release centered around MIDI including MIDI Actions (the ability to tie MIDI commands to actions in the application like turning pages), programmable smart buttons (these can be used to trigger other actions as well) and a slew of new supported MIDI commands.  I know some users have been anxious to have support for having MobileSheetsPro send MIDI timing messages so that the metronome can be used to control the tempo of their MIDI device. This is now supported and can be triggered when a song is loaded, or by using a smart button.  This update contains a lot of database changes, so you must update both the tablet app and the companion app at the same time. The full list of changes can be seen below:

MobileSheetsPro v1.8.1 (Android)
  • Added new programmable smart buttons which can trigger actions when tapped
  • Added the ability to map MIDI commands to actions in the application, such as page turns
  • Added new MIDI listen dialog that shows all received commands, and allows a batch midi command to be created from them
  • Added support for new MIDI commands including note off, note on, song select, midi start/continue/stop and MIDI timing clock
  • Added support for extracting and opening files embedded in PDFs
  • Added support for comment box in chord pro files
  • The group editor now shows captions for all songs in the group (the left list)
  • Added support for using the chord pro highlight command beside non-highlighted text
  • Added new option to control whether a master device sends song change notifications to slave devices when changing songs in a setlist.
  • Chords in comments, highlights and comment boxes are now transposable and have the same font size as the rest of the comment, but respect other chord style options
  • The capo can now be disabled by default for chord pro files
  • Added new option to align the first page to the top of the screen when using the vertical scrolling display mode and bottom page alignment.
  • Optimized the storage of annotation points in the database to greatly reduce the number of table entries and reduce the database file size
  • Fixed bugs with using the shuffle sorting with setlists
  • Content in parenthesis at the beginning of song titles is now ignored when sorting
  • Added new setting to show total setlist duration next to setlist names on the library screen
  • The import action menu can now be used on all group tabs
  • Added new MIDI echo setting that sends received messages back out to all connected devices
  • Fixed bug that prevented switching between songs with touch or pedal actions unless a setlist was loaded
  • Fixed automatic scrolling to have a consistent speed for all pages when using the vertical scrolling display mode
  • Fixed bug where sharing files through other applications no longer worked with Android 7.0 or higher
  • Fixed bug where the audio icon for multiple files wasn't displayed correctly on some tabs
  • Fixed scaling issues with link points
  • Increased the number of recent entries to 1000
MobileSheets v1.8.1 (Windows 10)

• Added the ability to map MIDI commands to actions in the application, such as page turns
  • Added new MIDI listen dialog that shows all received commands, and allows a batch midi command to be created from them
  • Added support for new MIDI commands including note off, note on, song select, midi start/continue/stop and MIDI timing clock
  • Added support for extracting and opening files embedded in PDFs
  • Added support for comment box in chord pro files
  • Fixed memory leaks that occurred after switching between different screens
  • The group editor now shows captions for all songs in the group (the left list)
  • Added support for using the chord pro highlight command beside non-highlighted text
  • Added new option to control whether a master device sends song change notifications to slave devices when changing songs in a setlist.
  • Chords in comments, highlights and comment boxes are now transposable and have the same font size as the rest of the comment, but respect other chord style options
  • The capo can now be disabled by default for chord pro files
  • Fixed annotation rendering errors when using the half page display mode
  • Added new option to align the first page to the top of the screen when using the vertical scrolling display mode and bottom page alignment.
  • Fixed bug where the restore automatic database backup option did not work
  • Fixed bug with the default ignore articles not being shown correctly in the settings
  • Fixed various rendering bugs with chord pro files
  • Fixed bug where files being edited would not correctly erase old content before writing in new content.
  • Optimized the storage of annotation points in the database to greatly reduce the number of table entries and reduce the database file size
  • Fixed bugs with using the shuffle sorting with setlists
  • Fixed bugs that could cause two and three finger taps to stop working
  • Content in parenthesis at the beginning of song titles is now ignored when sorting
  • Added new setting to show total setlist duration next to setlist names on the library screen
  • The import action menu can now be used on all group tabs
  • The generate song list option now provides three choices: Share, copy to clipboard, or write to file
  • Fixed rendering error with words that are shown when a text/chord pro file can't be loaded
  • Added new MIDI echo setting that sends received messages back out to all connected devices
  • Fixed bug that prevented switching between songs with touch or pedal actions unless a setlist was loaded
  • Fixed automatic scrolling to have a consistent speed for all pages when using the vertical scrolling display mode
  • Fixed bug where the audio icon for multiple files wasn't displayed correctly on some tabs
  • Increased the number of recent entries to 1000
MobileSheetsPro Companion v2.5.6
  • Added resize bars so that the widths and heights of the lists on the group tabs can be changed
  • Fixed bug with incorrect date in default backup file name
  • Fixed bug with batch imports not correctly handling updating existing songs
  • Fixed bug with collections not being set correctly when adding or modifying songs
  • Updates to handle new chord pro features (comment box and highlights combined with other text)
Mike
Quick update: I just realized that I didn't update the companion app to support all of the new MIDI commands in the MIDI edit dialog, so another update will follow to add in support for those.
Quote:

Sorry to ask, but where can i find them?
How can i set them up?
Thanks.

Edit: Found them in the meantime in the bottom bar.
Linking could you attach screen showing where is this smart button localized?
It's at the bottom right of the overlay, next to the link points icon. It's set up in the same manner - tap the plus button to add a new smart button, tap on the score where you want it to be, and then configure the action for it.
(05-27-2017, 05:58 AM)Zuberman Wrote: This update contains a lot of database changes, ...

May I kindly suggest to turn this into a major release (2.0) instead of a minor update (1.8.0 → 1.8.1)?

Also, there are 3rd party tools that work with the MSPro database. Is there information in the database that reflects the schema version so tools can check whether it is still safe to use this database?

EDIT: I'd probably better change that into "Could you please add a database item that flects the schema version ...".
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
(05-29-2017, 04:44 PM)sciurius Wrote: Also, there are 3rd party tools that work with the MSPro database. Is there information in the database that reflects the schema version so tools can check whether it is still safe to use this database?

What are this 3rd party tools?
Is there list of them?
Anything interesting?
I'm afraid it's a little late for me to change the version number as I've already released it unless you want me to use 2.0.0 instead of 1.8.2 for the next release.

I use the pragma version in the database to track the version information. You can use that to see when changes have occurred to the database.
@lionking: E.g. https://github.com/sciurius/MSPro-Tools

@zuberman: You mean pragma schema_version?
Johan
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
PRAGMA user_version
But I already have 1.8.2,(with the issues listed in the Windows 10 list.
Now I'm confused....

(05-29-2017, 04:59 PM)Zuberman Wrote: I'm afraid it's a little late for me to change the version number as I've already released it unless you want me to use 2.0.0 instead of 1.8.2 for the next release.

I use the pragma version in the database to track the version information. You can use that to see when changes have occurred to the database.
Android is 1.8.1, Windows 10 is 1.8.2 at the moment. I might jump to 1.8.3 to keep them the same unless it makes sense to jump to 2.0.0 for both of them.
(05-29-2017, 08:14 PM)sciurius Wrote: @lionking: E.g. https://github.com/sciurius/MSPro-Tools

@zuberman: You mean pragma schema_version?

Does the existing MSPro-Tools version still cooperate with the latest MSPro? Or did the database change cause any issues?
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

I haven't checked yet... too busy with gigs.
My gut feeling is that there's >90% chance it will still work. If not, well that is where backups are for Smile .
Johan
The change I made to the database was to switch from having one table entry per annotation point to using one single table entry as a blob of data. This drastically reduces the number of entries needed and reduces the size of the database file. I'm not sure if that affects the tools or not, but if they deal with annotations in any way, then it very well may.