• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Autoscroll -Having trouble
I have a Nexus 10 and an Airturn BT105 pedal, and despite setting the pedal settings to any of the different scroll settings, the pedal always pages forward with the right pedal and back with the left. I'm sure this is user error, but what might I be doing wrong?
(07-05-2013, 11:28 PM)LauBenning Wrote: I have a Nexus 10 and an Airturn BT105 pedal, and despite setting the pedal settings to any of the different scroll settings, the pedal always pages forward with the right pedal and back with the left. I'm sure this is user error, but what might I be doing wrong?

Not sure if this helps, but there are also settings in MS to determine how foot pedal signals will be interpreted.
(07-06-2013, 02:30 AM)jeffn1 Wrote:
(07-05-2013, 11:28 PM)LauBenning Wrote: I have a Nexus 10 and an Airturn BT105 pedal, and despite setting the pedal settings to any of the different scroll settings, the pedal always pages forward with the right pedal and back with the left. I'm sure this is user error, but what might I be doing wrong?

Not sure if this helps, but there are also settings in MS to determine how foot pedal signals will be interpreted.

[/quote]

Thanks, but those settings are exactly what I can't get to work. No matter what I choose for my foot pedal setting, the right pedal still always does page forward, and the left page back. No scrolling of any sort happens.
Just for reference, are you using the tablet in portrait or landscape orientation?
In portrait.

Ah, I see. It only works in landscape.

Mike, that realization brings up another issue. If I have it set, for example, as fixed length smooth scroll/turn page at end, when I reach the end of the page I am having to press the right pedal twice. Once does nothing, then the second turns the page. And if there is only a little bit of page, such as the page number, left at the bottom, I have to press the pedal three times. That's just too much to have to deal with IMO. Any thoughts?
I think some optimizations are needed for the fixed length smooth scroll. I will need to add some additional logic for detecting the amount of space until the end of the page, and then just turn if that distance is too short (there is already some logic in there for this, but it's obviously not quite working as intended). If you have any requests for changes to the behavior, let me know. I'm also working on much more advanced auto-scrolling features for the next update, which could help.