• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BIG MESS: Almost all songs seemed to be duplicated by Batch Import
Well, MSPC fails to Batch Import what it should, based on everything I see and have tried.

I restored a tablet backup from last January, 4211 songs. I ran Batch Import using my TAB folder as source. It has 4736 song PDFs. MSPC added 648, resulting in 4854. Hmmm... more than the source file. Well, that could be explained as songs already o the tablet that are not in my PC source folder, since MSPC does not truly synchronize (two-way). But even after it imports 648 files, a bunch of TAB folder files are not getting imported. Again and again, same omissions. These are NOT duplicates of what is on the tablet -- different file names, different song titles (only somewhat different in some cases, but definitely different).

Also, Import always stops on the same one PDF. Even if I say Overwrite, thinking I'm make the files identical, next time it stops on that file again.

On PC I can drag and drop missing files and then end up in MSP. So the files are not the problem. Batch Import is what is questionable. (Adding all the missing files manually is not practical, I'd have to work the entire library in MSPC and PC figuring out what is where.)

HOW can I get MSPC to Import ALL the files in my PC source folder???

Understand, since I have all my files on my PC, I could delete the tablet library and start over, but I would lose annotations and setlists and collections etc. Not the best outcome.
-- John

Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 (SM-T900) Android 5.1.1

Messages In This Thread
RE: BIG MESS: Almost all songs seemed to be duplicated by Batch Import - by musichawk - 06-19-2017, 05:21 AM