• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BIG MESS: Almost all songs seemed to be duplicated by Batch Import
I'll run some more tests to see if I can reproduce what you are seeing now that I know your setup. MobileSheetsPro does send the files first, then sends updates to the database. The all happens after the batch import steps through every file though. If you caused the connection to fail in the middle of sending the files, then you could end up with a situation where files are left on the tablet without database entries. I suppose this is worse than having an updated database where you have all the songs, but not all the files. I can switch this around without too much difficulty.

Selecting "overwrite" for all duplicate files is fine for what you want to do. I'm not sure why it didn't work for you though. I'll have to see what happens if I create some tests to replicate that scenario.

If there are bugs preventing this from working, I'll get them fixed. In the tests I performed earlier, I was able to batch import thousands of files without any problems. What I need to do next is create a scenario where I import a lot of files, then add a ton of files to that directory, and import it again to make sure all the new files are correctly imported. If it all succeeds, then I'll have to go further by trying to create more scenarios where conflicts will occur. I appreciate your patience while we get this all figured out.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: BIG MESS: Almost all songs seemed to be duplicated by Batch Import - by Zubersoft - 06-24-2017, 04:37 PM