• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Library Setup - Need Advice
Why not let MS import all the files into its own folder path/ location.

Storage isn't expensive anymore. Keep in mind, that you need a backup of your MobileSheets library from time to time. You should store that backup files on a different hard drive, perhaps a cloud provider. Keep more than the last version, if something goes wrong which you discover later. In my opinion it is a good idea to have more than one location where things are accessible (as a fall back solution).

I have >1300 files in my library and it is constanly growing. (We are hunters, aren't we? ;-) My library is devided by orchestra/quintett/quartett/duett/big band/exercises. They are represented outside of Mobile Sheet as Folders and inside of MobileSheets as collections. The filenames contain Title, Composer, Arranger, Orchestra, Instrument, 1st/2nd/3rd/... voice. I am importing the filename as "Title".

For new sheet music i have additional folders: new-quintett, new-bigband, new-excercises, ...
For me this approach has the advantage, that i can extend the MS-library via batch-import of new files from time to time. I do not need to import all files again and again. although it would be possible. I am using "folder name = collection". But you can use the filter as well, you do not need to "preselect" a collection (but you might want to (pre-)filter by collection your 32 versions of "Oh Tannebaum" ;-)

Greetings, Wombat

Messages In This Thread
Library Setup - Need Advice - by Karen - 06-24-2017, 10:45 AM
RE: Library Setup - Need Advice - by Zubersoft - 06-24-2017, 03:00 PM
RE: Library Setup - Need Advice - by BRX - 06-24-2017, 11:54 PM
RE: Library Setup - Need Advice - by Zubersoft - 06-25-2017, 03:28 AM
RE: Library Setup - Need Advice - by wombat - 08-31-2017, 07:25 AM
RE: Library Setup - Need Advice - by Skip - 08-31-2017, 08:11 AM