• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smart Button Song Picker
Thanks for the update.

But I still get the same errors. There seems to be something else wrong than the wrong order of code lines.

Itsme, is it working for you?
So I'm testing on my Android phone (HTC 10) running Android 7.0. I am able to link a .mscz file on the internal device storage (/storage/emulated/0/Download) and when I tap the button, Musescore Songbook is loaded and the file is shown. So the feature seems to work for me. Where is the file that you are linking to and what kind of file is it?

Thanks,
Mike
I'm testing on two devices. My tablet on 7.0. and my mobile with 8.0

My files are on the external SD card in subdirs of my sheets dir. I tested several formats ABC (opener A l mode) MSCZ (Musescore) PDF (Acrobat Reader).

Same results.

I then tried to open from the internal storage or rather copied it there and tried to make a smart button.

I wasn't able to create the smart button because the file picker was not letting me access the emulated (or the self) dicrectory to pick the file.
On both my devices! 

What's going on here now? Picking files from the external SD card works (but don't open with the smart button as mentioned).

Strange.
In the file browser, tap the storage icon at the top of the screen (three stacked rectangles) which should display an option to take you to the internal storage root. Then try to link to a file. If that works, then the problem is with linking to files on external SD cards. If that is the case, I'm not sure if there is anything I can do about that as the OS may not let me send an intent to open a file on the removable SD card due to permissions. I will try to test this on my phone.

Mike
I just found a little bit of a hack that allows the sharing of files on removable SD cards. So I got it working on my phone. I will go ahead and release another update so that you can link to files on your SD card.

Mike
Great.

And I can confirm that indeed the external SD card was the problem. 

I was a bit baffled about not being able to the internal storage. And the storage icon wasn't that intuitive to me so thanks for the hint.

I could successfully open a mcsz and an abc file from internal storage.
@Brix: what ABC program(s) are you using?
What do you mean with "ABC (opener A l mode)"
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

(04-06-2018, 08:35 PM)itsme Wrote: @Brix: what ABC program(s) are you using?
What do you mean with "ABC (opener A l mode)"

On Android there are two apps I use. The first one is free and quite nice

https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...dmusician2

But you can't transpose with it or assign it as standard file opener.

(or at least so far. There was a recent update I haven't tested yet)

The other one is À la mode

https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...id.alamode

and is a paid app (5€ I think). That's my Android app and file handler for ABC files. You can
transpose, edit, play them and so on. The developer is very accomodating and implemented
the file handling stuff (and other things) on my request, so one can use it to start files from the file
explorer or from third party apps (like MSP).

I'm very happy with it (and still very enthusiastic about finding out about the ABC notation) but
I still hope Mike will implemented something comparable to MSP for ABC like he did for chordpro.

For Windows I use EasyABC (which is an editor, not really a viewer)

ALM and EasyABC use the the abcm2ps toolkit which is freely available and really fantastic software. I think
and hope it won't be too much work and problem for MIke to use that for MSP, too.

ALM is way better that the Android app for Musescore and with the available tools it's pretty easy to convert
MusicXML to ABC so essentially this could be a way to display MusicXML easily in MSP and open the way to all
the music you can save as MusicXML from notation programs.

Sorry for rambling, but I'm still excited about ABC and ALM (and the possibilities for MSP).
Bravo Mike. With the last update it works flawlessly now. ABC, MSCZ, IPro all available with a tap from within MSP.  So great (but a lot of work to prepare the smart buttons I have to start wth now Smile )
I'm glad to hear it's all working properly now. Thanks for letting me know.

Mike
@Brix: thanks for your hints about ABC
What do you think of opening a new thread with "ABC" in the title and move your complete text there?
There's more about ABC to be discussed and in this thread it will be hard to find.
One more example where a Wiki might fit much better than a forum.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de