• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Things you may not know about in MobileSheets
In every list that displays a grab handle [Image: image016.png] you can remove items by sliding the handle to the right. The only exception to this is the setlist song list in the overlay (to prevent accidentally removing a song from the active setlist).

To rotate images that have been taken with the camera, double tap the image. It's a little bit of a slow process, but after a couple seconds, the image will be rotated. Note that this rotates the file on disk as well.

Is the overlay popping up in your face when you are trying to turn pages bothering you? Go into the settings and change the overlay mode to double tap. Now you have to double tap in the middle of the page to bring up the overlay (single tap still hides it). This prevents accidental taps while trying to turn pages.

Having problems connecting to the companion app? Toggle the wifi on the tablet on and off, and 9 times out of 10, it will connect just fine after.

Want to just change a songs PDF without having to go through the song editor? Tap and hold on a song while viewing the library screen, and select Swap PDF. Select the PDF to swap, and everything will be updated automatically.

If you need to make small adjustments to any of the sliders, just tap on the numeric value next to the slider (sometimes this takes a couple taps before it registers), and a window will pop up that lets you easily make small adjustments, or manually enter a specific value. You can also tap the page number in the top right of image overlay. If you disable the page slider in the settings, this gives you a way to still skip to a specific page.

I'll keep adding things that may not be completely obvious. If anyone wants to add tips for things they've found, please feel free to post.
<If you need to make small adjustments to any of the sliders, just tap on the numeric value next to the slider>

Thank you so much! This is a wonderful change.

Bob
(05-01-2012, 04:24 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Is the overlay popping up in your face when you are trying to turn pages bothering you? Go into the settings and change the overlay mode to double tap. Now you have to double tap in the middle of the page to bring up the overlay (single tap still hides it). This prevents accidental taps while trying to turn pages.

Perfect. Better than performance mode as I never have to change it again now. Thanks.
I am a "newbie" trying out the trial version of this app(and my new Asus 300)! Feeling a bit overwhelmed with all the info out there (tablet vs iPad, available apps for each....) At this point my question/needs are simple: Does this app have an "auto scroll"? Thanks!!
It does, but it's very simple at the moment. It's going to be enhanced quite a bit in the next couple months.
Thanks!

I played around with it today and found the scrolling. My wish list Smile is to be able to have the sheet music/chords/lyrics for a song continuously scroll, one page to the next (without the need of Airturn or touching the screen to go to the next page, or it converts it to one long sheet), at the pace I set (which the app will save for each song)... shall I dare to dream? Big Grin

Thanks again!
That's going to be possible with the next major version (v4.1.0).
I purchased MobileSheets the other day and I'm still on the learning curve, but figuring things out fairly quickly. I'm really enjoying this app. It will be very helpful on gigs. My query: I'm not sure if this something that doesn't exist or if it's in a setting I'm missing, but I notice that the filter is set to clear whenever I choose a song. That means if I have multiple versions of the same song with slightly different titles (i.e. "All Of Me NRB1" for New Real Book 1, "All Of Me COL" for Colorado Fake Book), if I choose the wrong version at a gig then hitting the Back button I should just be able to select another one quickly, instead of having to type all over again. This is a very common scenario amongst jazz musicians, as different players work off of different versions of tunes and nobody really has the sources memorized. It's one thing to pull up the wrong chart and just go back and hit another one. You can do that pretty quickly. Typing the titles back into the filter each time though is far less speedy and can result in an awkward pause while you're fumbling for the right chart. A setlist doesn't really help the situation much because most tunes are just called and not planned. If you can point me to the spot where I can change that setting it would be much appreciated.
At the very least, it would be useful if the library displayed from the current song when the back button is pressed rather than going back to the top. I've been meaning to request that for some time.
I actually only started clearing that search filter in response to a request from another user. It sounds like I need to make that behavior optional, as you would prefer if the search filter persisted even after a song is loaded.

I can restore the last selected song in either case. I'll mark this down for the next update.
(05-01-2012, 04:24 PM)Zuberman Wrote: In every list that displays a grab handle [Image: image016.png] you can remove items by sliding the handle to the right. The only exception to this is the setlist song list in the overlay (to prevent accidentally removing a song from the active setlist).

To rotate images that have been taken with the camera, double tap the image. It's a little bit of a slow process, but after a couple seconds, the image will be rotated. Note that this rotates the file on disk as well.

Is the overlay popping up in your face when you are trying to turn pages bothering you? Go into the settings and change the overlay mode to double tap. Now you have to double tap in the middle of the page to bring up the overlay (single tap still hides it). This prevents accidental taps while trying to turn pages.

Having problems connecting to the companion app? Toggle the wifi on the tablet on and off, and 9 times out of 10, it will connect just fine after.

Want to just change a songs PDF without having to go through the song editor? Tap and hold on a song while viewing the library screen, and select Swap PDF. Select the PDF to swap, and everything will be updated automatically.

If you need to make small adjustments to any of the sliders, just tap on the numeric value next to the slider (sometimes this takes a couple taps before it registers), and a window will pop up that lets you easily make small adjustments, or manually enter a specific value. You can also tap the page number in the top right of image overlay. If you disable the page slider in the settings, this gives you a way to still skip to a specific page.

I'll keep adding things that may not be completely obvious. If anyone wants to add tips for things they've found, please feel free to post.

Hello,
I m a newby with mobilesheets but I have used gigbook on my Ipad. I wanted to view 2 pages at a time and now I have found a way using Mobilesheets. I have a HP 21" Tablet. I scan 2 sheets of my music placed together in my A3 printer/scanner and scan them to my laptop. I then rotate pages to suit and rename sheets. I copy it to a usb stick then put the stick in my HP21 and load it into mobilesheets. I n landscape the HP21 displays the 2 sheets on 1 page and it about the size of a landscape a3 page. Brilliant to use
Bonjour

J'ai fait une liste de morceau pour mon prochain concert , mais je n'arrive pas a la mettre dans l'ordre que je veut.
J'ai essayer plusieurs possibilité et je n'arrive toujours pas;
Hey everyone, new here, but I just wanted to say that by far the best device to use with MobileSheets is the Surface Book. I have the 15 inch version and it's been great! Yes, it's very expensive, but if you're a professional musician and like Windows, it's totally the best choice.
The new one? I've been comtemplating to get that as well. Thanks. Which version did you choose?
(10-05-2020, 09:43 PM)BRX Wrote: The new one? I've been comtemplating to get that as well. Thanks. Which version did you choose?

I have the 15 inch i7, 256GB version and it's been excellent. Happy to answer any questions you have!