• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setlist Without Going to Next Song
The way I quickly get to the pages I need in a sheet (without lifting my hands from the keys) is to be able to hold the foot pedal down to get to the 1st page or the last page. (If I am just going two pages forward or back, I would not do this, but if I have to get back to the first or second page of a longer song (or to the last page or second to last page of a longer song), I will use this technique).

This creates a conflict with the programming of setlists that move you automatically to the next song (which, I understand might be helpful to people who use this differently than me).

Is there a way set it so page turning does not move to the next song in a setlist? (so I can comfortably get to the beginning or end of the song I am in without overshooting into the nxt song).

I guess, if not, I could use a collection instead (then I could not keep a set order of the songs, but at least it would be a smaller list than all my songs).

Thanks for any help/ideas.

Jeff
I can always add a mode that disables moving from one song in a setlist to the next except when you use the setlist popup window. Is this how you would plan on moving from one song to the next? I'm not sure this would really be useful to most people though...

I'm a little more concerned that you aren't really using the best mode for your pedal. There is a mode that advances between link points if one is present on a page, else it just goes to the next page (or goes to the last link point/turns back one page). If you need to be jumping between different points in the song, you can create an ordered list of link points (create them in the order you would need to jump between them), and just use this pedal mode (I believe it's the last one in the list, but I can verify this tomorrow if needed).
(07-08-2013, 04:36 PM)Zuberman Wrote: I can always add a mode that disables moving from one song in a setlist to the next except when you use the setlist popup window. Is this how you would plan on moving from one song to the next? I'm not sure this would really be useful to most people though...

I'm a little more concerned that you aren't really using the best mode for your pedal. There is a mode that advances between link points if one is present on a page, else it just goes to the next page (or goes to the last link point/turns back one page). If you need to be jumping between different points in the song, you can create an ordered list of link points (create them in the order you would need to jump between them), and just use this pedal mode (I believe it's the last one in the list, but I can verify this tomorrow if needed).

"I can always add a mode that disables moving from one song in a setlist to the next except when you use the setlist popup window. "

I think this would work great for me.

The problem with using link points with the pedal is at some parts of the song I will need to follow a link point, but at other times I would just go to the next page. For example, sometimes the first time I hit the page with the link point I would need to just go to the next page, but then I go back (for example) to the beginning of the song and the next time I hit the page with the link point it would need it to take me to the link (maybe the last page of the song.)

I guess I could set the first link point to just go to the next page and then create a second link point on that page that will take me somewhere else. But, I guess I'd rather keep it simple (and the bands I play in tend to deviate from the setlist a lot anyway, so it is not a big deal to just get back to the setlist and move to the next song from there).

If you could set it up to give an option to disable moving from one song to the next in a set list (and only switch songs within the setlist), that would take care of this problem. I would think it would help other people too.

Thanks for being so responsive.

Jeff