• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nasty Error Message
I got an error message when I opened MS.

I exited the message and tried to open a song and got the following message (probably the same message as when I opened MS):

"Unable to load required resource. The installation may be corrupt. PDF's will most likely not load. You should reinstall Mobilesheets."

Suggestions?

Toshiba Excite 13 --Android 4.0.3

Jeff
That definitely does not sound good Jeff. The only time that error is generated is if somehow MobileSheets is unable to load the PDF rendering library file that is packaged with the installation. The file is either missing or corrupted. I've never been able to reproduce this problem myself, but it's pretty catastrophic, as there is no way for MobileSheets to recover from it. If you can provide any information on the last thing you did before this problem came up, that would be very helpful. I'm really sorry, but you are definitely going to need to uninstall and reinstall MobileSheets.
Ugh! I wasn't doing any thing special. I just opened up MS after not using it overnight.

The day before I think the last thing I did was leaving it in the song list with the collecton filter. It was warking perfectly. Since this happened last time I been backing up regularly. I believe I had turned off the tablet the day before too (so before I opened up MS, I turned on the tablet).

By the way, you don't really "turn off" MS? You just exit the app when you are not using it?

I am off to see if the backup/reinstall works. I hope so, or else this is really bad (many hours of annotations lost, real concern about relying on this. . . .

If there is anything I could do to help you troubleshoot, let me know.

Actually, I do not see how to uninstall and reinstall. Could you walk me through your recommendation steps to uninstall/reinstall/delete library?/load from backup (to increase the chance I will be able to load from the backup lirbary). Thanks.

Jeff
THIS SUCKS! I had created my backup file in the mobilesheets folder. Apprently when I uninstall it deletes everything in that Folder??!!!

I spent so many hours that has been lost!

F-cking Fuming!

Weird thind is all the files I lost, as well as a mobilesheets backup file can still be seen when i attach my computer to the tablet. But I can't seem to open anything.

Any chance the backup (or original files) are salvageable?
Can you copy the backup file from the SD card to your computer? What happens if you try? Sorry I didn't get a chance to respond to you sooner. If you uninstall any app, the Android OS clears out all internal storage related to that app as well as the /sdcard/Android/data directory for that app. I really hope we are able to get your backup file back. Have you tried using a file browser on the tablet to see if the files are gone?
Ugh, it looks like I am starting again from the pdfs that I had spent so much time annotating.

It might be a good idea in the manual to [in bold] state do not put backup in the mobilehseet folder.

With regard to this statement that the /sdcard/Android/data might also be lost when I uninstall, I better back up directly to the Android folder so I have some chance of accessing it if this happens again.

[I have never been able to access my removable SD card.]

When I tried to copy the files from the (internal) tablet SD card to the computer, it would not let me. I just won't move it and when I tried to "paste" (with copy and paste) nothing happend. It also would not let me open the file.

I will backup to a part of the (internal) SD card that is not in the mobilesheets folder (to /sdcard/Android), but I still don't trust it will be there when I need it.

Any ideas on what is causing the loading problem?

Sorry, . . . I'm venting
I've been scouring the internet looking for answers, and it appears that this problem is experienced by other developers that use external libraries as well. Everyone is looking to Google for answers but I haven't seen any kind of responses/information about it. While I may not be able to protect against this problem, it only happens very rarely, and in the cases where it does happen, I will try to provide more information in the error message.

Sorry again Jeff - I wish I could do more to help.
Thanks.

I guess the things I will do are:

1. Try not to shut down the tablet as much (instead let it sleep) in the event shutting the tablet down or turning it on is the problem.

2. I need to do everything I can to try to make sure the backups will work if this happens again. Right now I am backing up on the first level of the SD Card, so I should not lose the backup file it if I have to uninstall/reinstall MS.

But, I would like to have an easy way to also back up everything on the computer without using the wireless companion. I would rather find a way to do it through a USB cable. Any guidance is appreciated.
I backup on the tablet, plug it into the computer via the USB and copy it onto my computer.
(07-11-2013, 09:41 PM)cdawe55 Wrote: I backup on the tablet, plug it into the computer via the USB and copy it onto my computer.

Which folder[s]/files[s] ? (by the way, I don't use audio with MS).
Could it be possible that the failure to load was related to fact that MS might have been set up to load a full (large) collection when one song was loaded ?

So, maybe the collection required more ram than the tablet could handle (I think I have since unchecked that setting).