• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Send setlist / Select role / Colour by parameter / Group inside setlist
(07-19-2017, 02:05 PM)Zuberman Wrote: If you long press a setlist on the setlists tab and select Share->Share song list, that creates a .mss file that does exactly as you describe. It's just the setlist and the list of songs. The other users have to have the same songs in their library (the names have to match). If multiple songs are found with matching names, it will then look at files to try to find the best match.

My solution is to implement something called song versioning. A song can have multiple versions where each version can have different files, cropping, annotations, etc. You can choose what version of a song to use for each setlist, and what version is loaded by default if the song is loaded by itself.

Do you just want the song title to be colored in the setlist window? Or are you looking for coloring somewhere else?

Other users have requested the ability to create dividers in setlists both for visualization purposes, but also so that each section can have it's total duration listed.  You'll have to decide if dividers would be enough or if you would want indentation in addition to the dividers. I'm not sure on the timeline for this one though as it requires big changes to the editor, and I have to determine if I'm going to support it only for setlists or other group types as well.

Thanks,
Mike

Thanks, I'll put that to test.

I've used something like that myself by versioning keyboard notation (kb) and guitar (gtr) of a same song.
If I understand correctly you use duplicate of songs and use custom parameter for version?

Either way, I don't see them as a long term solution. How does one manage the library and song metadata when versions build up? Seemless switching between versions would mean that versions needed to be in setlist for quick recall. Unless all notation/versions are on same song one could use bookmarks.

I was thinking since it is already possible to view different parameters as a part of song syntax they could be highlighted. So, it could be general property for specific part of syntax.

That said, there is also a risk library or setlists ends up looking like a christmas tree if too many higlighted syntaxes at same time. I would leave that to user discretion though..

For workaround, I'm using certain songs as placeholders like dividers named "set 1", "set 2", etc.

-despe

Messages In This Thread
RE: Send setlist / Select role / Colour by parameter / Group inside setlist - by despe - 07-21-2017, 08:20 PM