• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sharing issues
I have several problems with trying to share a tune:

1.  Share as .msf:   When I try to use this, I get a box for "Enter New File Name".  All the boxes below it (include metadata etc.) are checked off and I can uncheck them if I'd like.  But I can't enter a file name.  If I just hit OK I get a message "Try That Again.  We couldn't show you all the ways you could share.  When I try it again, the top right blue menu that normally has Copy, Edit, Delete, Share  now has OPRAVIT, KOPIROVAT, SMAZAT, SDILET.  I have to close out of MS to get it back to English.

2.  Share File:  same thing happens

3.  Export as .msf.  (standard file picker) This basically works but when I check the boxes to include metadata and annotations, the file is exported but not the metadata or annotations

4.  Export file seems to work

Surely I'm doing something wrong!  Help!

Txs   ~Harper
Harper,

I haven't encountered problems like you are describing, but I will run through some tests to verify that annotations are correctly exported when using Share->Export as .msf. It seems like a number of users encounter errors while sharing, but I've tried this on my PC and Surface Pro 4, and it works fine for me. I wish I knew what was different between the machines/devices that work, and those that don't.

Thanks,
Mike
So I just tested this by annotating a song using a single PDF file. I then went to Share->Export as .msf, exported all options, deleted the song, and reimported the .msf file. When I open the song, all of the annotations I previously made are shown. So I'm not sure why this is not working for you. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Thanks,
Mike
Mike, I just tested out the export .msf w/meta/annotations again 4 times.  Two times it didn't work and the meta data didn't come through.  I rebooted the PC and tried it again and the next 2 times it worked ok.  \O/  Yah!  Don't know what happened but it seems to be ok now.

But the sharing issues are still a problem. See the screenshots attached.

However, as long as the export to .msf is working, I'm good with that.  Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Now I'm really confused. I just re-read your description, and when you use Share->Share as .msf, you said you get a "Enter New File Name" box? Can you take a screenshot of that? That's not what I'm seeing at all. When I do Share->Share as .msf or Share->Share files, I just get the "File Sharing Options" dialog. What kind of file is the song using that you are working with?

Thanks,
Mike
Here's the screenshot you wanted...
oh the file is just a jpg

That would seem to indicate you aren't running the latest version. Can you go to Settings->About, and tell me if you are running version 1.9.2?

Thanks,
Mike
Yes, I'm on 1.9.2.
Quick question: which tab were you on (Recent, Songs, etc) and had you applied any filtering beforehand?

Thanks,
Mike
I was on the "Songs" tab.  No filters.
Harper,

I was encountering some issues with sharing on my Surface Pro 4, and I couldn't figure out what was going on. I took the tablet out of tablet mode by sliding the tray out from the right side of the screen and tapping "Tablet Mode", and then the sharing features started working again. I then went back into tablet mode, and the sharing continued to work properly after that. Something is apparently buggy with the tablet mode in Windows 10, but I wanted to see if you are currently using tablet mode. If so, can you switch out of it and see if the sharing works after doing that?

Thanks,
Mike
No, I'm not using tablet mode.  I am using the Windows 10 version on the PC desktop.

I put it in tablet mode and booted the PC, then put it back into desktop mode and rebooted.

So now when I try to share, I first get:
1.   That same "Enter File Name" Box mentioned above with all the boxes checked but no place to actually enter the file name
2.  I now see a very quick flash on the screen that says generating file.  I don't know if it actually generates a file.  If it does, I have no idea where it is
3.  I still get that box that says "Try that again.  We could not show you all the ways you could share"  but now it has the word "Share" before the "Try again"
4.  When I come out of that, I no longer get the other language for Edit, Copy, Remove and Share.  This is a good thing.

HOWEVER when I go into Settings ... well see attached.  I don't know if this was like this before because I don't know if I went into Settings when I first reported this.

Have you tried importing a PDF to create a new song, and then sharing that new song? I just want to see if it works with the simplest use case.

Thanks,
Mike
Sad 
OK...I just imported a brand new pdf and it does the same thing.  Sorry
Thanks, I really appreciate your help. I'll just have to keep testing on as many devices as I can until I encounter one with this problem.

Mike