• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
restore problems (android to windows 10)
(08-12-2017, 08:48 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Thanks for the write-up Tony.  How large is the backup file you used? Is there any possibility you would be willing to upload it to cloud storage and share a link with me so I can test with it? I haven't encountered the problems you've listed, so it would help significantly to have the same backup file you used.

As for the audio file path issue, Microsoft has a maximum file path limitation of 256 characters in some of their API calls. It's ridiculous, but I have to force every file path to be 255 characters or less, or some of their functions start throwing exceptions. So if the path to the audio file on Windows would exceed that amount, I shorten the name. What is your storage location? Does it seem likely that this is the problem?

I'll look into accomodating your feature requests when I can. I'd prefer fixing things so people don't have to use that utility rather than spending more time enhancing it if possible...

Thanks,
Mike
The file is like over a Gig (actual >1.5G). So I not really inclined to upload it. It seems I am unique (at least right now) in terms of trying to do this kind of migration.

Note, the thing of the file name being changed was not just audio files and seemed deliberate. Like I mentioned is was something like "artist - title.pdf" being changed to "title.pdf". One thing I have a tendency to do is put multiple song on a one handwritten sheet. I will list the all of the songs in the file on the filename and then do multiple imports and modify the name of the song to match song I am interested in. So basically the same song file is imported and but it will have diff song names. I do this so multiple song names show up in my set. for example of may have charted several bruno mars song into one file say "chunky, treasure.pdf" then when I import that file I will change the default song name to "chunky" and "treasure" respectively when I am editing. there is probably a better way to do this. anyway, I wonder if the problem is related to that. I do that alot.

the problem with the file name not being change to the local name was only audio files. the local storage location is "d:\mobilesheets". so not very long?

I figured you would say that in terms of the feature request(s) and totally understand.

Messages In This Thread
restore problems (android to windows 10) - by sbt - 08-11-2017, 09:14 AM
RE: restore problems (android to windows 10) - by sbt - 08-12-2017, 10:38 AM