• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paths for MSP folder for Android and W10
Well, it would simplify it IMO if you use relative paths at least for the files in the MSP storage location and absolut paths only if they are from other places by adding or audio.

I know we discussed this a few times. Personally I decided now to put all my files (including audio) under the MSP storage location (excluding a few GB of big audio files from syncing with dropbox, so I have to sync and maintain them manually). So I'm all for relative paths like that.

Am I correct to resume, that with all files in the storage location such (and only) relative paths the database would be interchangeable between Android and W10 devices?
I think that would be great for a simple and less time consuming sync (or manually copying of the database between devices).

I think after having set up MSP with the files in the beginning usually there will be many more changes in the database only (setlists, annotations etc.) than changes that require adding or changing sheet and audio files (at least for me since I added most of my PDFs I need or might need when I got MSP and my tablet). So I'm all for the possibilty just to "copy the database" over without touching the other files.

I know your concerns about unexperienced users and orphaned files. But MSP is such a complex and mighty tool I think it warrants some options and possibilities for advanced users who know what they're doing (or believe it and take the risk).

Messages In This Thread
Paths for MSP folder for Android and W10 - by BRX - 09-16-2017, 02:12 AM
RE: Paths for MSP folder for Android and W10 - by BRX - 06-29-2018, 01:51 AM