• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paths for MSP folder for Android and W10
I can give it a try to just convert existing paths in the database to relative paths and then update the database code. There is some existing code that uses a "LIKE" query in the database when trying to look for matching files. If I'm currently passing an absolute path, that would obviously be an issue, and I would need to convert to relative if needed before executing the query. There may be other examples of situations like that where I try to find matches in the database for paths that need to be updated.

BRX - even with relative paths, Windows uses backslashes while linux requires forward slashes. Windows seems to be able to tolerate forward slashes (I think), but I wouldn't trust Microsoft's entire API to gracefully handle that. I know for a number of things, I've had to write my own methods instead of using Microsoft's because theirs would throw an exception or not work correctly if given an Android path. Android would not be able to use Windows paths at all.  While I could update the database code that reads out the paths to "sanitize" them and fix slashes if necessary, the problem is that queries in the database to look for matching paths would fail due to the slashes being different. A simple script or program could be written to adjust the relative paths in the database to use the correct slashes (like other things Johan has produced), so that could be one option for advanced users who want to operate that way.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
Paths for MSP folder for Android and W10 - by BRX - 09-16-2017, 02:12 AM
RE: Paths for MSP folder for Android and W10 - by Zubersoft - 06-29-2018, 10:19 AM