• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking For Advice USB Foot pedal
Hello, 

My Bilipro pedal is acting up and, although I had planned to just order a new one, it appears to be discontinued.

I have had too much trouble with bluetooth pedals, so I am looking for another USB connected pedal

Frankly, I liked the Bilipro (although after a year the wire in the back of the pedal seems to have issues)

So, basically, my preference is for a two pedal unit (page up/page down), but I have no problem considering a 3 pedal (more) options.

If you have had a good/bad experience with a USB page turner, please let me know.  The more input the better !

Thanks! (I would like to order it ASAP.)

Jeff
(09-18-2017, 07:34 AM)jeffn1 Wrote: Hello, 

My Bilipro pedal is acting up and, although I had planned to just order a new one, it appears to be discontinued.

I have had too much trouble with bluetooth pedals, so I am looking for another USB connected pedal

Frankly, I liked the Bilipro (although after a year the wire in the back of the pedal seems to have issues)

So, basically, my preference is for a two pedal unit (page up/page down), but I have no problem considering a 3 pedal (more) options.

If you have had a good/bad experience with a USB page turner, please let me know.  The more input the better !

Thanks! (I would like to order it ASAP.)

Jeff

Anyone? 

It looks like lots of people use the Firefly, and it does include USB connection as an option.  Its lot more expensive than the Billipro, though, which I liked.
You might get one from http://www.ergocanada.com/ec_home/manufa...pro_1.html
(it implies it is available but I've no idea how price compares or what the shipping/taxes might be).

Can you find someone to repair the one you have? (if it is knackered you could try opening it to see if there is a loose connection which you could fix; obviously not an option if you still need it for gigs while it is semi functioning)

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
(09-19-2017, 05:53 AM)Geoff Bacon Wrote: You might get one from http://www.ergocanada.com/ec_home/manufa...pro_1.html
(it implies it is available but I've no idea how price compares or what the shipping/taxes might be).

Can you find someone to repair the one you have? (if it is knackered you could try opening it to see if there is a loose connection which you could fix; obviously not an option if you still need it for gigs while it is semi functioning)

Geoff

I ended up ordering the pageflip Firefly.  I plan to use it via USB connection.  Hopefully it will be solid.

Jeff
When I bought one a couple of years ago, it was a new version (firmware revision V2) that was buggy. So I traded it in for an BT106 (Airturn Duo).
I liked the design and functionality of the Firefly. The newer versions (V3, probably up) should be fine, both for USB and BT.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
(09-20-2017, 04:44 AM)sciurius Wrote: When I bought one a couple of years ago, it was a new version (firmware revision V2) that was buggy. So I traded it in for an BT106 (Airturn Duo).
I liked the design and functionality of the Firefly. The newer versions (V3, probably up) should be fine, both for USB and BT.

Thanks.  I would hope I would be getting the latest version (I have had good experience B&H Photo so far).

Yeah, BT106 was excluded from consideration because it does not provide a USB connection option (only Bluetooth).

Jeff
I just got the Firefly. Connected it via USB. Seems to be working fine off the bat. I am not even going to bother setting up bluetooth.

To some people the USB option may be a big selling point. If anyone is concerned about bluetooth drop outs or other issues (and it does not seem to uncommon), having the USB option is great peace of mind.

More expensive than Bilipro (about double the price), but my two Bilipros both ended up have issues with the cable connection eventually going (after a year or so, I think. I think the problem is when you pack it and puts pressure on the cable coming out of it)).

So, hopefully the Firefly will work for me for a long time.

Jeff
Well, now you've got it... Why not try the bluetooth to see if it does give trouble? For example, during a rehearsal? You know you can always plug in the USB cable if necessary.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
(09-22-2017, 04:13 PM)sciurius Wrote: Well, now you've got it... Why not try the bluetooth to see if it does give trouble? For example, during a rehearsal? You know you can always plug in the USB cable if necessary.

Maybe I will at some point (for example, if I am playing at an acoustic piano, the cord may be an issue).

But, last time (with the Cicada) it seems to work fine at home and then it had intermittent drop outs during a gig.  So, I still have a little "post traumatic syndrome" from that.

Jeff
Be sure to change some Power Settings in Device Manager in order to NOT authorizing Blurtooth to go in sleep mode... I changed it in 3 places before making my problems vanish!
I also bring a sturdy 3 buttons wired USB ''translator style'' footpedal just in case... it's heavy and noisy but cheap and NEVER fails!
(09-25-2017, 10:32 AM)domgi Wrote: Be sure to change some Power Settings in Device Manager in order to NOT authorizing Blurtooth to go in sleep mode... I changed it in 3 places before making my problems vanish!
I also bring a sturdy 3 buttons wired USB ''translator style'' footpedal just in case...  it's heavy and noisy but cheap and NEVER fails!

Thanks.  Which pedal? 

Jeff