• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
unwanted file transfer leads to connection issues
When updating song data the entire song file (pdf) is transferred to the PC even though I only want to update meta-data.
For small files that's no problem but this doesn't work for large files such as full operas.
When editing completes before the upload MobileCompanion freezes and/or connection is lost - as well as the last updates...

Can you please NOT send entire file from tablet to PC unless specifically asked for?
I'll look into it. I'm planning on releasing an update today, so any fixes I make will be part of that.

Thanks,
Mike
I do not see this behavior using the default settings in MobileSheetsPro. The companion app is designed to only send new files, not files that reside on the Android device. In fact, the companion app can't send those files, because they are on the tablet, not on the PC. If I change metadata for a song, and then click OK, it sends the metadata, but no files, which confirms this. I'm going to need more information in order to reproduce this problem. Have you changed any of the default storage settings? Are you just making changes by editing songs in the MobileSheetsPro Companion, and then clicking OK in the song editor? Or are you performing other actions?

Thanks,
Mike
(09-25-2017, 10:07 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I do not see this behavior using the default settings in MobileSheetsPro. The companion app is designed to only send new files, not files that reside on the Android device. In fact, the companion app can't send those files, because they are on the tablet, not on the PC.  If I change metadata for a song, and then click OK, it sends the metadata, but no files, which confirms this. I'm going to need more information in order to reproduce this problem. Have you changed any of the default storage settings? Are you just making changes by editing songs in the MobileSheetsPro Companion, and then clicking OK in the song editor? Or are you performing other actions?

Thanks,
Mike

Sorry for taking so long to reply. Yes, I was just making changes in the MobileSheetsPro Companion. So there were no new songs (pdf-files), just updating meta data on the PC.
When sync-ing those updates to the database on my tablet it started transferring the pdf of that song first (from tablet to PC!) which slowed down the update process of course.
Actually I haven't repeated this scenario, so I'm not sure if it still exists.