• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the best way to deal with D.S. al Coda with a pedal?
First post here so please be gentle with me !!

I'm a bass player so I'm using a pedal for page turns - I've got an iRig so unfortunately my options are limited - and the music I've got is handwritten and it's bigger than A4 so I'm having to use the tablet in landscape mode - this has been a steep learning curve in a very compressed time frame.

What is the best way of dealing with a DS al Coda etc?

I've read the manual and links sound useful but of course I normally don't have a hand free so I'm not going to be able to click the link.

Re-ordering pages ? What if the sign is half way down the page ?

Lets say I have 5 sheets of music - the sign is on the lower half of page one, the to coda is half way down page two, the DS is half way down page four with the coda following

So the music would need to go 1-4, 1-2, 4-5 - fairly typical..

What I thought I could do is to create two snippits, crop the snippits / white box the bars I don't want and then insert them but I couldn't find how to insert a snippit back into a song. I guess I could do this with a set list but I've already got 50 songs in this show so I'd rather not create three songs to deal with this...

I'm trying to do this all in the software rather than editing the song on my PC.

Thanks in advance for your time / ideas and knowledge.
You are on the right track already. 
Just put the order of the pages you need in the file/edit tab. You don't need extra snippets. MSP displays all the pages from one file even if you repeat them in the order you specify.
Then you can go to the specific pages and use the crop feature on the parts you don't want to see (rather use the crop rectangle on the parts you want to see). You can also white out the superfluous part
with the MSP tools. 
It's all within the app without the need of other tools and the source file isn't modified by that. HTH.
(10-18-2017, 09:11 PM)BRX Wrote: You are on the right track already. 
Just put the order of the pages you need in the file/edit tab. You don't need extra snippets. MSP displays all the pages from one file even if you repeat them in the order you specify.
Then you can go to the specific pages and use the crop feature on the parts you don't want to see (rather use the crop rectangle on the parts you want to see). You can also white out the superfluous part
with the MSP tools. 
It's all within the app without the need of other tools and the source file isn't modified by that. HTH.

Exactly.
Order the pages as needed for the song.
Then crop the pages to remove (as much as possible) the part(s) you would skip over when playing through.
Save, and done!
If you find something is not quite right, it's easy to go back and make adjustments...the pages are not really changed, just the portion that is displayed.
I could be wrong, it happened once before.