• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annotation bug
Hi,

First of all I would like to say that I love to use MS Pro for all my music work, rehearsing, performing or using playalongs. This is a great app!

However, I experience a rather annoying bug (MS Pro 1.9.7). I don't know whether it was introduced during one of the last versions of MS or if the installation of the Microsoft Windows 10 fall creators updates is the reason. The bug arises using annotations in half-page mode where the Windows system display scaling is not 100% (on Surface book and Chuwi HI 13 I use a 200% scaling): When showing the splitted page, where in the lower pane the rest of the current page and in the upper pane the start of the next page is displayed (half-page mode), text and stamp annotations of the next page are displayed in the lower pane and disturbing the display of the current page. This has nothing to do with any loaded pdf. I can reproduce the bug creating a song with three empty pages and doing annotations on them. I added screenshots which demonstrate the issue.
Note: The bug does not occur when using a display scaling of 100%. Each other display scaling easily can reproduce it. The bug appears regardless of using landscape or portrait mode.

I would really appreciate a quick fix since I am using annotations quite frequently and intermixed annatotations of the next page to display ruin this completely.

Kind regards,

Norbert

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I'm working on fixing this right now for the update I'm releasing shortly.

Thanks,
Mike
Thanks a lot for the quick response. Great to see that you are working on a fix.
I've made dramatic improvements to the rendering, especially with textbox annotations, but the clipping stuff in Microsoft's API seems flakey at best. I may need to look for a different way to handle the half page turn clipping (I already had to implement major workarounds for freeform annotations). You'd think this would be a simple thing, but it's been a nightmare to get working correctly because the Microsoft framework doesn't behave like you think it would/should. It was dead simple on Android by comparison.

Mike
(11-12-2017, 12:16 PM)Zuberman Wrote: I've made dramatic improvements to the rendering, especially with textbox annotations, but the clipping stuff in Microsoft's API seems flakey at best. I may need to look for a different way to handle the half page turn clipping (I already had to implement major workarounds for freeform annotations). You'd think this would be a simple thing, but it's been a nightmare to get working correctly because the Microsoft framework doesn't behave like you think it would/should. It was dead simple on Android by comparison.

Mike

Hi Mike,

I am a senior Microsoft software developer by myself and understand completely what you are saying. Good luck in finding a workaround or stable way in handling different clipping areas and screen scalings!

Norbert