• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating network for tablets to join for Master/Slave
All good points.

I tested all of this before I put the router(s) in my pedalboard.  I was having the same issue with the router(s) being outside the board, inside, right next to the tablets, et al. The placement made no difference. Whenever connected to Wifi, the Group connection would get lost.

I was unable to actually create a network with the 3020. Tech Support from TP LINK said I could just plug and play. To which I replied I'd like to change the SSID and Password. The 3020 wouldn't allow anything to connect to it (Mac or Android) when the 3020 didnt have web access. 

I bought the Airport Express as a solid replacement and because it could run on the the "a" frequencies to stay away from any interference and for its notable strong signal.

To be clear, when I set this up at home, I was using 2 tablets. 1 master 1 slave. I didn't test it for long and I didnt test ALL my 8 tablets. I just wanted to get the app updated and then see if its works. 

I had a gig on Friday, as I said ... the tablets were literally within 10 feet (clear signal path) of the router and they wouldn't stay connected to the Group.  I ran them in Bluetooth and had no problems.

I can't imagine this is an issue with the brand new out of the box Airport Express.

Maybe I'll try and take some video and post it somewhere.

The tablets are losing WIFI signal. The wifi stays connect. Whats getting broken is the connection within the Group 1. I'm getting constant good Wifi connectivity but NOT constant group connection.

Is anyone running the Master/Slave on a router that DOESN'T have web access (a closed network)?
12 tablets (Insignia, ONN, Dragon Touch). Ranging from Android 5 to 9.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Creating network for tablets to join for Master/Slave - by dallaskruse - 12-11-2017, 04:08 PM