• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not sure what happened
Music 
So I was loading a new song to MS from the companion app and I must have gotten click happy and exited out of the companion app to soon or something because now I lost my entire library and setlists. I'm not sure how to access the backup, if it even backed up. I have a Nexus 10. I wasn't having any problems with it and I had just used MS on Monday night at rehearsal. I rebooted both my computer and the tablet but they are still not there. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Huh

P.S. I still love MS! Heart
If an error occurred during the transfer of data, the database could still be intact if you go under /sdcard/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheets/files. Look for a mobilesheetsbackup.db. If you see this file, delete mobilesheets.db, and rename mobilesheetsbackup.db to mobilesheets.db. Then restart the application and your library should be restored. I'm going to release a v4.0.11 tomorrow with some code to make automatic backups of the database and make it easier to restore in cases like the one you are describing.

To make a backup, you would need to go to Utilities->Backup Library. The backup will contain not only the database, but all of the PDFs/images in your songs as well.

I really apologize for the inconvenience. I'm crossing my fingers that you are able to restore the backup file.
I feel your pain. . . .
(07-19-2013, 03:36 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Look for a mobilesheetsbackup.db. If you see this file, delete mobilesheets.db, and rename mobilesheetsbackup.db to mobilesheets.db. Then restart the application and your library should be restored.

Ok, so got to this part...and I see all my music out there in some kind of folder but I do not see anything that says mobilesheetsbackup.db. What next? Thanks for the help!
Do you at least see mobilesheets.db? I want to make sure you are looking in the right location.
(07-19-2013, 04:22 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Do you at least see mobilesheets.db? I want to make sure you are looking in the right location.

I figured out part of what I did wrong...I went through the back up option through MS instead of the tablets files instead. I actually have the following files:

mobilesheets.db
mobilesheets.db-journal
mobilesheetsbackup.db

Which one do I need?
Here's what I want you to try:

1) If MobileSheets is running, close it completely (recent list->swipe to right, or force close)
2) rename mobilesheets.db to mobilesheetstemp.db
3) rename mobilesheetsbackup.db to mobilesheets.db
4) Restart MobileSheets

Let me know how that works for you.
(07-20-2013, 02:51 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Here's what I want you to try:

1) If MobileSheets is running, close it completely (recent list->swipe to right, or force close)
2) rename mobilesheets.db to mobilesheetstemp.db
3) rename mobilesheetsbackup.db to mobilesheets.db
4) Restart MobileSheets

Let me know how that works for you.

Ok, I did the swipe to close, then went in and following the instructions and nothing came back up when I re-opened MS. I did go into the apps listing and force closed MS and tried it again - still no music. I rebooted my tablet to see if it would come up - no music. I know have the following "files":

mobilesheets.db
mobilesheets.db-journal
mobilesheetstemp.db
Then unfortunately, your database was somehow wiped out by the companion when it disconnected in the middle of a transfer. This is one thing I did not fully test, and I'm sorry for that. The mobilesheetsbackup.db is created before the database is updated during the transfer, but it appears like somehow even the backup was wiped out (you didn't try connecting/making songs with the companion after the problem showed up, did you?). I really apologize for the frustration this undoubtedly will cause you. I am adding code today to try and prevent this from happening in the future by making the database automatically backed up. To make a manual backup, you can go to Utilities->Backup Library. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.
(07-20-2013, 06:32 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Then unfortunately, your database was somehow wiped out by the companion when it disconnected in the middle of a transfer. This is one thing I did not fully test, and I'm sorry for that. The mobilesheetsbackup.db is created before the database is updated during the transfer, but it appears like somehow even the backup was wiped out (you didn't try connecting/making songs with the companion after the problem showed up, did you?). I really apologize for the frustration this undoubtedly will cause you. I am adding code today to try and prevent this from happening in the future by making the database automatically backed up. To make a manual backup, you can go to Utilities->Backup Library. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.

Oh it will be fine, it's all cool. Cool It was my fault, I got click happy and exited before it was done transferring, although, food for thought - one of those "annoying" messages asking if we really want to close the companion app might help prevent this in the future too! As much as I really don't like those messages, they have saved my butt several times! Thanks for all the help and I still love MS!!!Heart