• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
MP3 cut off early
#1
Can anyone let me know why on many occasions the MP3 file being used as a backing track stops playing a few seconds before the end of the file when played on my Samsung Nexus 10? Anything I can do to fix it?
More info. The MP3 file plays all the way to the end in VLC on the tablet.
If I add silence (10 secs) on the end and overwrite the file on the tablet, no change.
If I delete the audio file from the song and re-add it with the new file, I get the 10 secs silence. All good.

I'd rather not go through all this with each file, if there's an easier solution
Reply
#2
It sounds like there is an issue with the way MobileSheetsPro is calculating the duration of the track. If the duration is being calculated as being seconds shorter than it really is, that would explain the behavior you are seeing. You can verify this by looking at the total duration in MobileSheetsPro versus the total duration in VLC. Is there any chance you can send that audio track to mike@zubersoft.com? I'd like to test it on my Nexus 10.

Thanks,
Mike
Reply
#3
Hi Mike

Attached is one file that finishes early. 

MobileSheets Pro 2.0.1 (from Google Play) reports it as 3 min 39 secs. In Audacity it is over 4 mins long.

Seems like you might have hit the nail on the head.

If I simply delete the MP3 from the song and re-add it, the same problem occurs.

I am storing these PDF & MP3 files locally myself and importing them from there rather than direct from Dropbox.

Thanks for looking at this.

Happy Holidays !

Edmund
Reply
#4
Edmund,

Did you intend to attach a file to your post? I don't seem to see any files. You may need to either name it with a .txt extension (to fool the forum software) or email it to mike@zubersoft.com. 

Thanks,
Mike
Reply
#5
(12-24-2017, 04:52 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Edmund,

Did you intend to attach a file to your post? I don't seem to see any files. You may need to either name it with a .txt extension (to fool the forum software) or email it to mike@zubersoft.com. 

Thanks,
Mike

Sorry Mike, I was sure I had attached it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mden9e7dw6zveb...g.mp3?dl=0

This should link to the file concerned.

Edmund
Reply
#6
Edmund,

Are you sure that is the right file? It's reported as being 2:59 long in Windows, and 2:59 long in MobileSheetsPro (neither of which matches your description above).

Thanks,
Mike
Reply
#7
Mike, hi

I have no idea why I now can't reproduce the problem I was having with this particular file. It seems to be working fine now.

Let's call this "solved" for now and if/when it happens again I'll be better at getting the info to you in a timely manner.

Sorry to have messed you about.

E.xx
Reply
#8
(12-26-2017, 05:45 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Edmund,

Are you sure that is the right file? It's reported as being 2:59 long in Windows, and 2:59 long in MobileSheetsPro (neither of which matches your description above).

Thanks,
Mike

Ha, OK Mike. I found the file concerned when I was playing this afternoon. And I know what I had done wrong. 

In the song edit screen, Audio Tab, There is an bar to change the start/end points of the track.

I had previously overlooked that and by mistake had set the "end" point short of the file end.

Just thought I'd let you know.

Edmund
Reply
#9
That makes perfect sense. Thanks for letting me know.

Mike
Reply


Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon  


Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)


  Theme © 2014 iAndrew  
Powered By MyBB, © 2002-2021 MyBB Group.