• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using One Book For Many Songs
(07-25-2013, 09:59 PM)Snuggs Wrote: I read this in the manual, but I'm not sure how to do it correctly. I have my storage set to /sdcard/mobilesheets. I have an individual folder for each song that I create, and I have audio tracks in each folder. Now I want to add 1 book that contains a lot of songs. For the first song, I used the companion app, dragged the book over to the app window, and created the first song. When I go to my tablet storage, the entire book is in the folder for the first song. Now, I want to add a second song. How do I point to the book in it's original location, and select the pages to create the second song? I know it's something to do with the Set Copy Options dialogue, but I'm not doing it correctly. Also, I don't want this to be a global thing. When I'm using sheet music, I want 1 song per folder, but when I'm using a collections book, I'd like to have the book stored in a central location, and link songs from it. Can I do it both ways, or do I have to decide on 1 method and stick with it? Thanks.

EDIT: I think I figured it out. I unchecked the copy option and added a song using the tablet (not the companion app). When it asked for the song location, I pointed to the book that was already stored on my tablet. Now, I don't have a folder for that particular song, but the song was created. Is that the way that it's supposed to work? And if I wanted to add a track to that song, I'd just put is somewhere and link to it?

So it looks like I will have a combinations of individual song folders and some songs that won't have folders because they're linked from books. Does that sound right? Thanks.

I think there was another post along the same lines. I think if the book is in pdf format, you can't break it down into separate songs. I think instead you have to use the bookmark function to separate songs within the book.

But, take a look at other posts, because I recall reading a post about this. (I think if you convert the pdf to image files for each page, then each song could be in separate files. )

Messages In This Thread
Using One Book For Many Songs - by Snuggs - 07-25-2013, 09:59 PM
RE: Using One Book For Many Songs - by jeffn1 - 07-26-2013, 12:01 AM
RE: Using One Book For Many Songs - by Snuggs - 07-26-2013, 01:40 AM
RE: Using One Book For Many Songs - by jeffn1 - 07-26-2013, 05:28 AM
RE: Using One Book For Many Songs - by Snuggs - 07-26-2013, 07:30 AM
RE: Using One Book For Many Songs - by jeffn1 - 07-26-2013, 11:51 AM
RE: Using One Book For Many Songs - by Zubersoft - 07-26-2013, 04:05 PM
RE: Using One Book For Many Songs - by Snuggs - 07-26-2013, 10:51 PM
RE: Using One Book For Many Songs - by Zubersoft - 07-27-2013, 07:00 AM
RE: Using One Book For Many Songs - by Snuggs - 07-27-2013, 09:40 PM
RE: Using One Book For Many Songs - by Zubersoft - 08-04-2013, 04:00 PM