• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request for more Page Turning Methods SHORT VERSION ;)
On behalf of Landscape Mode in Double-Page View:

1. Independent Half-Page Turning:
Sequential motion (top left to bottom, then right)

2. Side by Side Full Page Shifting:
Page Up shifts the right page onto the left one, leaving space for a next one

3. Multiple Cropped Pages Pieces (TETRIS mode):
Screen View and Page Scaling Mode dependent

Interesting, or not?
Thanks for your feedback,
Dominic
1. If a lot of users would find this useful, I can certainly keep it in mind for the future, but I'm not sure why that would be more useful than the alternate page turn mode that is already available.

2. If you use the single page turn mode, it already shifts the left page to the right one. If you assign page up/page down to turn pages, it behaves this way already. Am I missing something?

3. I'm not sure I understand this one. Are you wanting to combine multiple pages into one on each side?

Thanks,
Mike
Thanks for your answer Mike!

1. Half-Page Turning Mode actually only works with Single Page, I suggest it would work in a Double-Page context, but only one page at a time... That's what I meant by Sequential, in opposition to the already existing Alternate Mode that turns full pages at once!
Independent Mode would mean that scrolling a half page only affects that page, leaving the next one ready for top viewing!

2. Again I propose it would work in a Double-Page context, so we could still view both pages before we turn, like Always Facing Pages kind of...
In actual Alternate Mode, the new page appears on the left, what becomes confusing if the newly turned page is on the left side while we need to go back for a Da Capo or Dal Segno for example...
By experience the page we are actually playing should always be visible WHILE we are turning to a next one, that's why I prefer Alternate Mode over regular "blinded" whole 2 pages turning!
In this method I propose, a NEXT page would always appear on the right side, while a PREVIOUS page would always reappear on the left, so the pedal action would be for SHIFTING (left or right) instead of TURNING (recto-verso)!
Also the next or previous page is automatically loaded since the pedal action is on the actual read page (is this clear?)

3. Exactly, I often crop pages for musical or technical reasons, and it works great in Top Aligned, Verical Scrolling Single Page Portrait Mode since every page turn makes the cropped page pieces go up one by one, but I wonder how that could work again in a Double-Page Landscape context... maybe a special Custom Mode, where we could determine how much pieces of a page we want on each side?

I apologize for my writing since English is not my primary langage... thanks for your patience!
1. Are you envisioning half of each page being displayed instead of the full page? Similar to how half pages work using the single page display mode in landscape? That's the only way that makes sense to me. If you are talking about the half page display mode in portrait where the first half of the page is turned, then the second half, I don't see why that would be useful in a two page display format.

2. Does that mean you want three pages displayed at once instead of two? If I implement a three page display mode, it would be what you are describing.

3. The layout logic for that would be incredibly complex. It would make the page number assignments look bizarre, and would cause all sorts of logic errors in my framework. I don't think I can realistically support this.

Your English is quite good. I'm currently learning German and wish I could speak it as well as you speak English!

Mike
(01-22-2018, 04:26 AM)Zuberman Wrote: 1. Are you envisioning half of each page being displayed instead of the full page? Similar to how half pages work using the single page display mode in landscape? That's the only way that makes sense to me. If you are talking about the half page display mode in portrait where the first half of the page is turned, then the second half, I don't see why that would be useful in a two page display format.

2. Does that mean you want three pages displayed at once instead of two? If I implement a three page display mode, it would be what you are describing.

3. The layout logic for that would be incredibly complex. It would make the page number assignments look bizarre, and would cause all sorts of logic errors in my framework. I don't think I can realistically support this.

Your English is quite good. I'm currently learning German and wish I could speak it as well as you speak English!

Mike

1: Yes Mike, exactly how it works now in Single Page, only I wish I could have TWO side pages displayed at the same time IN FULL WIDHT for repeats, DC, DS and To Coda stuff.
But I think it would need a 3 pedal setup: usual UP/DOWN for turning, plus one for pulling the half-page up or down...

Now the only way I can do this is by scaling down my original pages to fit in height, but then they become way too small, or cut my pages in half by cropping them, but again my problem becomes that I have four page parts that I need to jungle with pedals for the repeats etc.
I experienced by repeating pages for DC and Signo so my music becomes "in long", only using UP page pedaling, but then I spend ridiculus time to copy annotations and end up with too many little pieces on my screen!

Maybe you can come up with better ideas than mine if I can explain my situation more clearly?

3. My "Tetris Mode" was also a way to imagine a solution, if I could have more than one piece on both sides of screen in Landscape Mode, because then I would not need to repeat any part of music, just paste all cropped pieces in one full screen!

NEW IDEA: If it could be possible to have a Double-Page vertical scolling (like Adobe Reader does?), but still with the existent ability to crop and repeat any part of a page, I think I could get to what I want... I am used to work in Portrait Mode with cropped Single Pages that I read in Vertical Scrolling (Top Alignement), so having Double-Page in Landscape using the same method should work just fine... there would have to be a common horizontal split line for both sides I guess, but since it would also be vertically linear, it wouldn't matter much compares to the advantages!

2. I refer to the method of Facing Pages (no Verso), Side by Side on a stand: only two pages at a time!
That method is used a lot in real life, mostly by single stand musicians, pushing the right page of a recto printed page pile to the left whenever the music permits (no eye contact loss), reveiling new pages behind the right page pile... inverse method is also great when need to go back one page, pushing the left side page to the right again!
I can't see why it would not be possible in the program, and I don't think any other software thought of doing it yet since they assume we always read on double-side printed music from a book-style part... but how much often have we read from a verso only photocopied loose page pile? I still do it after 30 years!

Thanks for your reading...
Dominic