• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Song names altered on Drag Drop
Hi Mike

Recently found that I can drag/drop files into the companion.

Just "added" 4 files, 3 new, one already existed.
The 3 new ones have a " - U3A" at the end of the song title.
However, this results in a " - U3 A" at the resulting titles in the app (note the extra space between the 3 and the A).

I used to have this issue using Batch Import with the MetaData Setting set to "Guess Title from FileName"; the solution being to "Use Title As FileName"

When dragging/dropping, can the companion please be modified to use the same settings as if the operation was being performed by a Batch Import?  (it should default to all of these metadata values)

Re the existing song, it correctly detected and replaced it but this didn't show on the display on the app (it shows "bytes sent" etc for the new files but not for the replacement). This makes it unclear about whether or not the file has been updated.

Cheers
Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Hi Mike

Wondering if you missed this one!

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Hello Geoff,

I didn't miss it, but I haven't had time to think through it and figure out what changes I want to make. Typically the batch import settings are stored separately from the other import settings (in the tablet apps), but I can probably use the same settings for everything in the companion app. As far as updating the existing song, the tablet app isn't really notified that an existing song is being updated. Things are sent in pieces, so the tablet gets the updated file and it gets some database updates (which are sent generally as a list of SQL queries to execute). For any new message I want to display on the tablet, I have to get it translated into 10 languages, so adding new status information is not a simple process.

Mike
Thanks Mike

I'm more interested in getting "Use Title As FileName" to work as I find drag and drop much easier to use than going through the batch import mechanism.

I only mentioned "bytes sent" because I thought the logging was inconsistent

Cheers
geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
I've added a new setting to the song editor settings dialog for how to determine the song titles for imported files. Just set it once and from then on, every file you import will use only the file name as you'd like. I should add that if you drag & drop multiple files at once, there is an option on that dialog for how to determine the file name (hence my earlier confusion). I'm assuming you were just dragging & dropping one file at a time, right?

Mike
Thanks for fixing this.

I probably do tend to drag one file at a time - I thought it also happened when I dragged 4 files but I'm probably "mis-remembering" (have tried it just now with 2 files and I can see the "Guess/Use" option)

Cheers
Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6