• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full Screen Mode and Shifting App to another Monitor
I have been looking for a way to easily move MobileSheets from one monitor to another, but still wanting to maintain the Full Screen Mode, which is so nice....

Quite by accident, I discovered that the Windows Key+Shift+Enter combination cycles between Full Screen mode and normal mode.

MobileSheets seems determined to always open on the laptop screen, but if I wish to move the app to another screen, I just press the key combination above, move to the screen of choice with drag and drop or Windows Key+Shift+Left/Right. Then Windows Key+Shift+Enter gets me back to full screen mode again.

Another way of exiting Full Screen mode is to hover over the top where the Title Bar would normally be, and then click the two opposing arrows. This will exit Full Screen mode, but I haven't found a way of get beck without using the Windows key combination mentioned.

Cheers
John in Sunny Carnarvon - Western Australia
F11 toggles between fullscreen and windowed mode.

Mike
(03-25-2018, 05:45 PM)Zuberman Wrote: F11 toggles between fullscreen and windowed mode.

Mike

Thanks Mike,

That's even better  Smile

Cheers
John
Hi,

I have a similar problem. I just build me a score-display for my keyboard with 2 screens. The secondary should display the scores with mobile sheets, on the first I want to start additional programs (rptmidi, audacity, DAW..). 

I tried everything (self-written Delphi-program, auto-it..) to send the keystrokes to the app, but due to the sandbox-model it doesn't receive them. The only way to move the app to the second screen is by hand.

So I would like to request a new feature: "Move to second screen on startup"

How about that ?

Many thanks

Rainer
Rainer,

I can look into seeing if I can provide an option to choose the primary monitor and then switch the app to that monitor (don't know what code is required for that yet though). Did you try sending the shift + windows + right arrow key yet? https://superuser.com/questions/1132802/...le_rich_qa

I tried that and it seems to move applications between monitors like I would expect. In order for it to work with MobileSheets, I had to take it out of fullscreen mode first (F11). Or is the problem that, as you said, MobileSheets won't respond to that command when triggered by an external application?

Mike
I've been looking for awhile, and as far as I can tell, there is no way for me to control what monitor MobileSheets starts on. I also can't find any code to programmatically move it to another monitor. So either Microsoft's API doesn't support that concept for UWP applications, or I just haven't found the right documentation on it.

Mike
(04-10-2018, 04:49 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I've been looking for awhile, and as far as I can tell, there is no way for me to control what monitor MobileSheets starts on. I also can't find any code to programmatically move it to another monitor. So either Microsoft's API doesn't support that concept for UWP applications, or I just haven't found the right documentation on it.

Mike

Hi Mike,

thanks a lot for your fast answer. I started with that Win+Shif+Right/Left combination. The sequence F11, Win+Shift+Right, F11 works when typing it on the keyboard. Due to the nature of the UWP Sandbox I cannot send that keystrokes from outside. But you could try to do if from inside. So just send that sequence to your main window.

Rainer
As a matter of interest, I have also tried to get MobileSheets to open on a preset monitor with DisplayFusion.... and it doesn't work with that either, so I think Mike is right in assuming it is something within Microsoft's API. Other non-App store programs do work correctly with DisplayFusion.

What I do in the interim is to start MS with Full Screen mode off, drag or SHIFT WIN Arrow MS to the required monitor, then F11 for Full Screen.

Cheers
John
Rainer,

Sending keystrokes from inside of an application (called input injection by Microsoft) requires restricted capabilities for Windows Store Apps. This means the approval process for updates becomes much more rigorous and you have to have a company account with Microsoft. Microsoft may even reject the request to use those features. So that's not going to be a possibility. You will just have to manually switch the application to another Window when needed I'm afraid.

Mike
A quite old topic but I can share my experience because I was in such a case.

What I did is set the external display as primary in Windows. This way, MSP always opens on the desired screen.

And of course if no external display if connected, all goes to the laptop screen.

Cheers,
Olivier.
I'm trying mobilesheets on windows 10 now and fix the default monitor to start the app is a must for me. I have two monitors on my desktop and a third monitor in the front of my piano stage using an small wireless keyboard/pad to control. So, I need that MSP opens in the third monitor.

Every app in windows remember the last monitor where it was closed, but it seem that there is no way to do it with MSP.

I downloaded a microsoft store app (whatsapp desktop) and it works with the "remember last screen behaviour".

Cheers.
Juan Antonio.
(04-10-2018, 11:06 AM)JBlyth Wrote: As a matter of interest, I have also tried to get MobileSheets to open on a preset monitor with DisplayFusion.... and it doesn't work with that either, so I think Mike is right in assuming it is something within Microsoft's API. Other non-App store programs do work correctly with DisplayFusion.

What I do in the interim is to start MS with Full Screen mode off, drag or SHIFT WIN Arrow MS to the required monitor, then F11 for Full Screen.

Cheers
John

Hmmm, it seems that UWP has some limits over native apps. I tried displayfusion and it works for me, even in full screen.

You must to make a trigger with an action to move app to the second or third monitor. The trick is to use "C:\Windows\System32\ApplicationFrameHost.exe" as proccess name and "MobileSheets" as windows text. This is because all UWP apps run inside the ApplicationFrameHost and this is the proccess that you must to capture.

Regards.
Juan Antonio.
Thanks Juan,,

That sounds sensible. I'll try that when I get home in a week or so....

Cheers
John
Thanks Juan,

I have tried your method, and it works perfectly!

(10-21-2018, 10:24 AM)JBlyth Wrote: Thanks Juan,

I have tried your method, and it works perfectly!

It's good. The only drawback is that DisplayFusion costs more than MSP itself .... Sad

Regards.