• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crashing on metronome tempo change
Hello, bug report here:

Windows 10, Microsoft Surface Pro. When I change tempo on the metronome (while it's clicking), MS will freeze for a few seconds and then quit completely. This has happened several times... and *seems* to be related to pressing the plus or minus buttons multiple times. I'll keep experimenting and see if I can figure out what/if exactly is causing the crash, but it's happening enough to be annoying, so it's not a fluke.

Thanks!!
I'll see if I can reproduce this on my Surface Pro 4. The metronome changed to have to write out a file every time the metronome properties change (the file is one complete loop of the audio so that it can just play that file in a never-ending loop). I did add code to try to gracefully handle any errors while writing out the file, but it's possible something is still going wrong there.

Thanks,
Mike
I'm working on fixing the errors with the metronome. It's proven to be difficult as the Superpowered audio library does not like me triggering it repeatedly after making fast adjustments to the metronome tempo. I'm probaby going to have to add some code to ensure that if you tap the + and - buttons quickly, the metronome isn't actually triggered to start until you've stopped tapping for at least a half second (or something like that).

Mike
(04-09-2018, 05:13 PM)Zuberman Wrote: I'm working on fixing the errors with the metronome. It's proven to be difficult as the Superpowered audio library does not like me triggering it repeatedly after making fast adjustments to the metronome tempo. I'm probaby going to have to add some code to ensure that if you tap the + and - buttons quickly, the metronome isn't actually triggered to start until you've stopped tapping for at least a half second (or something like that).

Mike

Hi Mike,

Wow, thanks for your quick response!!! That all makes sense, and debouncing the + and - buttons would probably do it... I do tend to kind of rapidfire my tempo adjustments, lol!

Let me know when you've updated it, and I'll see if I can break it again  Angel . In the meantime I'll use a different metronome. :-)