• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mouse pointer issue
Hello!

Is there a way to hide and lock the mouse pointer during performance mode?

It's dangerous having the mouse visible and unlocked:
1. it can hide some notes
2. it can move and activate something on screen e.g. Windows and/or application bars.

Thank you!
I just tested it out and I can hide the mouse cursor, but I don't know about locking the mouse cursor (I'm assuming this isn't allowed as it wouldn't let the user move their mouse cursor outside the application). How are you currently returning to the library screen? For users that haven't tied that to a pedal action, they need to be able to click either on the arrow in the title bar or on the arrow that appears when you move the mouse to the top left corner.  So in your case, is hiding the cursor good enough or would you rather be able to at least see it to know where it is after loading a song?

Mike
(04-11-2018, 12:45 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I just tested it out and I can hide the mouse cursor, but I don't know about locking the mouse cursor (I'm assuming this isn't allowed as it wouldn't let the user move their mouse cursor outside the application). How are you currently returning to the library screen? For users that haven't tied that to a pedal action, they need to be able to click either on the arrow in the title bar or on the arrow that appears when you move the mouse to the top left corner.  So in your case, is hiding the cursor good enough or would you rather be able to at least see it to know where it is after loading a song?

Mike

Thanks for the feedback Mike.

How you can hide the mouse pointer?

Concerning locking: I'd suggest that when entering the performance mode the mouse is disabled and, for example, pressing a key (let's say ESC or anything else) will unlock the mouse and show the pointer. As it is now, as said, it's dangerous during a performance on stage with a mouse connected.
Microsoft lets me set the current cursor to null which effectively hides it. I can then restore it later if needed.  If you want me to add an option that rejects any mouse clicks for page turns or activating the overlay while in performance mode, I should be able to do that as I believe I can distinguish mouse clicks from taps or swipes. I'll have to see if ESC would be an option for reactivating the mouse. I tried to use that in the past to return from viewing a song back to the library screen, but that same logic would trigger if someone hit ESC to back out of a dialog, so I had to take it out. It may be acceptible to use it in this situation because no dialog should ever be shown while viewing a song in performance mode.

Mike
(04-11-2018, 08:44 AM)Zuberman Wrote: If you want me to add an option that rejects any mouse clicks for page turns or activating the overlay while in performance mode, I should be able to do that as I believe I can distinguish mouse clicks from taps or swipes. I'll have to see if ESC would be an option for reactivating the mouse. 

Mike

Thanks Mike, it would be very good! That's I mean indeed: "activating the overlay while in performance mode".
Concerning the ESC key it was just a suggestion, any key or combination of can work for this purpose.
Looking forward to it. Thanks!
This feature has been implemented and will be included with the next update.

Mike
AMAZING! Thanks a lot Mike!
Hi Mike got the update and the new mouse feature is working!

But one option is missing: "lock" the mouse. Example: I'm playing but someone touches the mouse or, due to vibrations on stage, it moves by itself and reaching the top of the display the application bar is shown, ruining the visualization. The same if the mouse pointer reaches the bottom, in this case Windows bar shows up. 

Please, add the "lock" function for the mouse until the "Esc" key is not pressed and the mouse gets back.

Thanks a lot!
I'll see what I can do.

Mike
Okay, I found a way to lock the mouse position in place. It will be included with the next update.

Thanks,
Mike
Great perfect!
Just got the update and it works. That's much safer now performing on stage!

Thanks a lot!
(05-03-2018, 06:58 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Okay, I found a way to lock the mouse position in place. It will be included with the next update.

Thanks,
Mike

Is this feature in the Android version? If so, how do I enable it? If not it would be great to have it.

Many thanks,
No, it was never added to the Android version because it's pretty rare for users to use a mouse with an Android tablet, and as far as I can tell, Google doesn't provide any of the same kinds of interfaces that would be necessary. I highly doubt I could implement the same changes on Android.

Mike
Thanks for the info Mike, but sorry to hear that - I'm using an Asus Chromebook convertible to tablet format - a hardware choice that provides a laptop as well. I think there must be others using Chromebooks for MobileSheets these days. 
The bluetooth mouse would be a good page-turning solution with a locked cursor but it's unusable without.

George.
@Mike

In Windows, I believe one can "lock" the mouse by just re-positioning it when it moves (perhaps this is how you have implemented it)
This would still allow you to detect/process mouse clicks (if you want to support them)

Isn't there a similar capability in Android?

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6