• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chromebook
Has anyone tried to run MobileSheets on a Cromebook?
A fair number of users are running MobileSheetsPro on Chromebooks now. I have a Samsung Chromebook Plus that I test with and I know other users have used other models with success. To my knowledge, there are a few things that don't work perfectly with Chromebooks:

1) SD card access doesn't work like Android tablets, so you can't use an SD card as the storage location for MobileSheetsPro. I may revisit this in the future but it's going to requires significant changes. I did make it possible to import off SD cards on Chromebook devices though.
2) You can't currently connect MobileSheetsPro to MIDI devices when using a Chromebook. I'm going to be adding support for Google's MIDI library on devices running Android 6.0 which will work with Chromebooks (although you have to explicitly pick the devices you want to connect to so it will require a different workflow), so this won't be an issue for too long.
3) The companion app can't automatically detect MobileSheetsPro in sync mode as I think the broadcast packets are being blocked by Chrome OS. This may be something advanced users could fix, but the workaround is to use the direct connect option to just connect to the IP address listed on the sync screen.

Other than those, I think MobileSheetsPro runs great on Chromebook devices.

Mike
(04-20-2018, 04:54 AM)lsinoff@mail.com Wrote: Has anyone tried to run MobileSheets on a Cromebook?

Hi,

I am enjoying MobileSheets on the Samsung Chromebook Plus.

However I am not having any success with MIDI over USB (I want to use this for page turns).

Other Android apps (e.g. MIDI Scope) see the incoming MIDI signals.  However MobileSheets does not see them (e.g. if I ask it to "learn" an incoming MIDI command, and then press my MIDI foot switch, MobileSheets never sees the command.

Is this feature still in development?
Yes, my goal is to finish it by the end of the month. MIDI Scope is using Google's library for Android 6.0 or higher, which works on Chromebooks (that's one of the libraries I'm adding). I want to support Android 4.1 or higher, so I'm adding multiple MIDI libraries to support both USB and bluetooth connections to MIDI devices across all OS versions. It's been a significant effort to add all of the various libraries.

Mike
This is the review of Google's new 12.3" Pixel Slate. Cheapest $600 Celeron version. I'm curious how it would perform with MobileSheets.

I have a HP Chromebook 2x  When I turn on my Bluetooth page turner [Airturn BT200] it flips to landscape mode. I can't use MobileSheets in portrait mode?? Forced to use MS program in landscape mode exclusively.
(02-11-2019, 06:30 PM)scott Goriup Wrote: I have a HP Chromebook 2x  When I turn on my Bluetooth page turner [Airturn BT200] it flips to landscape mode. I can't use MobileSheets in portrait mode?? Forced to use MS program in landscape mode exclusively.

I also have the HP X2, go to settings - displays and set screen orientation to 90 or 270. Mine works with that setting.
Thanks Daccole yes it works now. Had to use my keyboard to set it up in settings...works in portrait and landscape fine now. Just in time for concert. Thanks! Scott